Nebraska head football coach Scott Frost reacts after a 31-27 loss to Purdue on Saturday afternoon at Ross-Ade Stadium.
As featured on
Adrian Martinez, for all his struggles, put Nebraska in position to win. He tumbled into the end zone with 4:21 remaining to give the Huskers a 27-24 lead. That should've been enough, but it wasn't because the Blackshirts essentially collapsed against a third-string quarterback.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Freshman Wan’Dale Robinson had just made an excellent cut on a third-…
As Purdue's offense made play after play against Nebraska during the critical late stages of Saturday's game, I scribbled something in my notebook that I thought was meaningful. But Ben Stille and Barrett Ruud's comments suggest it wasn't particularly meaningful.
- PG Version: Parker Gabriel's extra points from the Huskers' loss to Purdue
- What's next? In dark times, Huskers must keep pushing forward, players say
- Martinez up and down in return to action after four-week layoff
- Huskers blow early lead for second straight week in 'extremely frustrating' loss at Purdue
- Notes: Huskers falter despite winning field position, turnover battles; Robinson out for last drive; secondary shuffle
- Grades: Purdue 31, Nebraska 27
- Your Report Card: Nebraska at Purdue
- The Scene: Student gate at Ross-Ade Stadium honors Tyler Trent