A clinic is set for Tuesday at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and clinics are being planned for high schools next week.
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird said 39.5% of the county's population 16 and older is fully vaccinated, the best rate among the state's 19 health districts. More than 54% of eligible county residents have received at least one dose of vaccine.
The move comes after six cases in the U.S. of serious blood clots in women who received the vaccine.
Costco had dozens of appointments available this week, and CVS said it would begin offering vaccinations on Wednesday.
The retailer joins Walgreens, Hy-Vee and RelyCare Pharmacy in offering shots in Lincoln.
All other health departments in Nebraska now allow anyone 16 and older to make an appointment for a shot.
Starting Monday, all health districts can offer the Pfizer vaccine to anyone 16 and older and the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines to anyone 18 and older.
The Central District Health Department said it is working on a plan to use the Pfizer vaccine on students in its area high schools before they graduate.
However, there have been cases reported in people after they have received their vaccinations, although officials have not been able confirm whether they occurred after the process was complete.
Local health districts should start using at least 90% of their vaccine supply on people ages 50-64. The other 10% will be focused on people with serious health conditions.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that a Nebraska man's death after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine was not due to the vaccine.
The change from 65 and older is Lancaster County's first foray into Phase 2A of the state's COVID-19 vaccination program.
Statistics from the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, reports that 17.7% of Nebraskans age 18-and-over are fully vaccinated. That puts Nebraska 10th among all states.
The grocery chain started offering the vaccine this week at stores across Nebraska as part of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
Johnson & Johnson is expected to get an Emergency Use Authorization as early as this weekend for its vaccine candidate, which is likely to mean an extra 15,000 doses for Nebraska in the first week.
The pharmacy has 200 doses that it will start distributing on Friday.
Walmart said it did not expect the problem with the scheduling system to delay vaccinations, which are scheduled to start Friday at 17 locations, including ones in Crete, Fairbury, Nebraska City and York.
Thousands of people tried to access the city's new COVID-19 vaccine website after it went live Wednesday morning at 8 a.m., causing technical problems.
A vaccine is approved, but how will it affect those who are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant?
The prospect of a vaccine for coronavirus suddenly has a starring role in the presidential campaign, despite the likelihood that an actual vaccine won’t arrive by Election Day in November or even by Inauguration Day in January. Though a vaccine is critically important -- and the timing is controversial -- an argument over it in the 2020 campaign is dumb.