The Richardson County Historical Society is hosting a Remembrance Gathering for Flight 250 on the 50th anniversary of Nebraska’s worst commercial airline disaster.
* Meet at the museum’s agriculture building (1401 Chase St., Falls City) at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 6 for coffee and rolls.
* Gather at crash site (714 Road and 655 Avenue) at 10:30 a.m. for memorial service. Buses from museum will be available.
* Return to museum for lunch, including pulled pork sandwiches and beef burgers. Donations accepted. Reservations required. Call 402-245-3372 or 402-245-3481 to RSVP.
* Informal visiting will follow; organizers expect dozens of friends and family members of passengers to attend.
* Organizers also expect authors of two Flight 250-related books to be present: Scott Pollock wrote “Deadly Turbulence: The Air Safety Lessons of Braniff Flight 250 and Other Airlines, 1959-1966” and Kit Wilson published “Falls City,” a novel based on the crash and events leading up to it.
* For more information on the crash, including the NTSB report, go to: nebraskaaircrash.com and click Braniff Flight 250.