{{featured_button_text}}

The 19th annual Dorothy Schwartzkopf Pink Ribbon Golf Scramble, hosted June 15 by Hillcrest Country Club, brought a record-high 36 teams to support Susan G. Komen Rally for the Cure.

The event lived up to its history of being a fun-filled afternoon of golf, food, and winning. The theme for the day was a remembrance of Schwartzkopf's generous and kind spirit. To commemorate this, Dorothy's family provided a ball marker for each golfer with the special message and reminder to all..."To stop and smell the roses."

The overall winning team of Vena Alesio, Jana Turner, Jamie Waterford, and Katie Wilson posted a score of 8-under-par 64.

The highlight of the dinner was a tribute to Dorothy Schwartkopf and remarks from her daughter Christy Schwartkopf, thanking all of the golfers and guests for participating in the event. Karen Daneu, executive director for Susan G Komen Nebraska, share an inspirational message on the cutting-edge progress resulting from donations to research.

In conjunction with the Men’s Rally for the Cure on June 14, we raised over $9,200, with 75% of our event proceeds staying in Nebraska and the other 25% helping to fund national research.

Committee co-chairs Deb Griffith and Tammie Burns thanked all of the participants, many who have golfed in this event annually for supporting Rally for the Cure. We also thank Southeast Cancer Center for their $500 donation, the Hillcrest Ladies Golf Association, and our numerous hole sponsors, flight prize and raffle prize donors for making this a very successful event.

We’d also like to recognize our committee members Sharon Votava and Laura Runge, Patti Daehling, Hillcrest Country Club Director of Golf Mike Brown and staff, photographer Sara Hakel and event day volunteers Cheryl Ober, Nick Vuko Jr., Nick Vuko Sr., Scott Barnhill, Rex Schultze, Jerry Regelean and Charlie Bohner.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments