Eight Nebraska cities passed mask mandates so far this week, joining Lincoln, Omaha, Norfolk, Beatrice and Kearney.
* Wahoo's City Council implemented a mask mandate effective immediately and ending Jan. 4, 2021.
* Grand Island's measure requires masks indoors at public places. Those who violate the ordinance risk a $25 fine plus court costs. Businesses that allow people to not wear masks risk being charged as a public nuisance. The ordinance will expire Feb. 23.
* York's rule takes effect Monday and is in effect until Jan. 15. It mandates masks in public indoor places. Violators risk a $25 fine.
* La Vista's requirement to wear masks indoors in public places takes effect Friday and expires Feb. 23.
* Gretna's mandate went into effect Wednesday.
* Columbus' ordinance requiring masks at indoor public places goes into effect at midnight Saturday. Violators face a $25 fine. Face coverings that have a valve, mesh, or any openings, holes, gaps, or vents are considered insufficient. The rule expires on Feb. 23.
* Ralston's rule mandating masks in indoor spaces went into effect Wednesday.
* Hastings' emergency ordinance goes into effect Thursday and expires on Feb. 23. Face coverings are required in all public indoor areas unless 6 feet of separation can be maintained.