The Journal Star has asked readers for their recommendation of houses that have been decorated for the holidays in and around Lincoln.
* 1,000 LED lights synchronized to music at 96.5FM, 6401 Pine Lake Road.
* The Big Red Christmas with two 25-foot dancing Christmas trees and music at 91.7 YULE FM, 1656 Folkways Blvd.
* Four acres of 44 trees with 19,000 LED lights, 64th Street and Roca Road.
* Small light display synchronized to music, tune in to 88.3 FM, 727 W. Leon Drive.
*Inflatables, lighted sculptures, lights on house, garage and trees and Christmas music, 633 S. 112th St.
* 20,000 LED lights synchronized to variety of holiday songs, tune to 96.3FM to listen, 8308 S. 62nd St. (two blocks north of Yankee Hill Road).
* Best lights, 3901 S. 53rd St.
* Inflatables, reindeer, candy canes and thousands of lights, 7543 S. 41st St.
* Lights up the block with 4,000 plus lights, 1910 Garret Lane.
* Enchanted Forest with 11,597 lights and synchronized music, 5521 Pawnee St.
* Two different scenes with blow-ups and two scenes with lighted animals, 821 Hazelwood Drive.
* "Remembrance" Tree 2013, lighted trees, Calvary Catholic Cemetery, 145 S. 40th St.
* Lighted display featuring lights, large wreath, Santa and other Christmas characters, 6234 Franciscan Drive.
* Disney and cartoon characters, moving flag, Nativity scene, stars, Santa in the window and his workshop, air-blown Peanuts characters and lights set to music, 2430 Dorothy Drive. This display has been continuing for 25 years and new decorations are added each year.
* 40 homemade brightly lit displays include 8-foot Santa, Rudolph pulling Santa out of a chimney, Santa and four reindeer pulling a sleigh, 4-foot wreaths, candy canes, large and baby snowmen, Christmas stockings, trumpets, Christmas balls, bells and trees and a winter scene movie projected on the home, 2309 N. 76th St.
* Home and yard decorated with 20,200 lights, 2400 Lake St.
* Luminarias, set out by the Near South Neighborhood Association, will line Goodhue Boulevard from A Street to the state Capitol on Dec. 24 only. Volunteers wishing to light luminarias should come to the islands on Goodhue (also known as 15th Street) at 2 p.m. Dec. 24.
* Meadowlane lighting display winners:
You have free articles remaining.
7145 S. Eldora Lane, computerized lights with music
519 Eldora Lane, blow-ups, lights and music
611 Jeffrey Drive, beautiful lights
8320 Russwood Court, lights in front and back yard (facing Vine St.)
1400 Meadowdale Drive, winner from 2012
7700 Vine St., Nebraska-themed
* Tierra Heights lighting display winners:
5051 S. 30th St.
5210 Jade Court
5201 Jade Court
5141 Jade Court
5120 Jade Court
5130 S. 32nd St.
5021 S. 30th St.
5101 S. 30th St.
3128 Stephanos Drive
3019 Diadem Drive
* Out of town
* 10,000 lights programed to music, Hickman Road and Maple Street, Hickman.
* Thirty-minute show with display of 30,000 lights choreographed to music (106.7FM), 60846 725th Road, Crab Orchard.
* Numerous homes decorated in various holiday themes and lights throughout Seward. Special interest are lights and displays at Memorial Park, corner of Third and Seward streets; Optimist-Bemis Park lights on Nebraska 34 and lighted giant pine at Seward Civic Center, 616 Bradford Ave.