Mayor Chris Beutler encouraged Lincoln residents on Tuesday to line the race route to support the city’s inaugural Good Life Halfsy half-marathon Sunday.
About 3,500 runners will participate in the race, which begins at 9 a.m. at Seacrest Field and ends at the Railyard.
The race, which sold out in just 36 hours in February, will include runners from 28 states.
Organizers Ben Cohoon and Jason Bakewell are with Pink Gorilla Events, which also created the Market to Market Relay. More information is available at goodlifehalfsy.com.
The public is advised to plan ahead for delays along the race route. Police officers will control intersections, allowing cars to pass safely. The Antelope Valley trail will be closed from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. from Randolph to Court streets. Street closures are as follows:
* All southbound lanes of 70th Street from Wedgewood to North Holmes Shore Drive will be closed from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
* All lanes of North Holmes Shore Drive from 70th Street to Normal Boulevard will be closed from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
* All lanes of Normal Boulevard from 62nd to 70th streets will be closed from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
* One westbound lane of Normal Boulevard/Capital Parkway will be closed from 62nd to Randolph streets from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Streets in Innovation Campus will be closed from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Some streets in the North Bottoms area will be partially closed, and no parking will be allowed from Sixth to 14th streets from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* All lanes of Canopy Street from R to P streets will be closed from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* The Arena Festival Lot and Haymarket Park lots will be available for parking, but the remainder of the area will be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.