The historic Ferguson House and Thomas P. Kennard houses near the Capitol will host holiday open houses on Dec. 9.
The public is invited to visit and tour the houses from 1 to 5 p.m. There is no charge. There is limited parking behind the Ferguson House, but street parking is available along 16th and H streets.
The Ferguson House is at 700 S. 16th St. and the Kennard house is just east of it on H Street.
Considered to be one of the finest examples of Second Renaissance Revival architecture in the area, the Ferguson House was built between 1909 and 1911 by William Henry and Myrtle Ferguson.
The state of Nebraska took possession of the property from the Ferguson family in 1972 and the property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The staff of the Nebraska Environmental Trust occupies the second floor. The first floor living and dining rooms are available to rent for meetings and events.
For more information, call 402-471-5417 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org