The Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Leadership Awards Ceremony and Breakfast will be from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Nov. 2 at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center, 2021 Transformation Drive.
The awards ceremony will recognize businesses, organizations and individuals who have demonstrated environmental leadership in sustaining and improving air, land and water quality and protecting public health.
The 2016 award recipients are:
* Business and Industry: Uribe Refuse Services, Inc. and Duncan Aviation
* Agriculture: Grow with the Flow and Old Cheney Road Farmers’ Market
* Education/Nonprofit Organization: Don Wilhite, Ph.D.
* Community Nonprofit Organization: EcoStores Nebraska and KZUM 89.3 FM
* Government: Lincoln Electric System
* Individual citizen: Gene Hanlon, City Recycling Coordinator
Reservations are $15 per person and are due by Wednesday. Reservation forms are available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: awards) or by calling 402-441-8023.