Families are invited to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6-12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The spring session runs from March 5 through the week of April 14. Preregistration is required except where noted. To register, contact the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
• Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Ave., 4-5 p.m. Sundays. This is a drop-in session to read to Pearl or Harry, and no registration is required.
• Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S. 14th St., 4-5 p.m. Thursdays. This is a drop-in session to read to Pax, and no registration is required.
• Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior St., 4-5:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Ellie at email@example.com to register to read to Daisy.
• Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th St., features dog sessions from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call Mimi at 402-217-9019 to register for Hugh. Cat sessions are 7 p.m.-7:50 p.m. Tuesdays. Email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Rainy.
• South Branch Library, 2675 South St., 2-3:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Heather at email@example.com to register to read to Nanook.
• Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th St., 10-11 a.m. Saturdays. Email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Mojo.
For information about Lincoln City Libraries and it services, visit lincolnlibraries.org.