Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews worked to put out a fire at a cardboard company sparked Monday.
Capt. Nancy Crist said firefighters were called to Firstar Fiber, a warehouse at 4850 N. 48th St., just after 11 a.m.
She said a welder was working on a conveyor when arc material ignited some of the cardboard. The sprinklers activated, keeping the fire confined to one area of the warehouse.
Crist said the seven employees were out of the building when crews arrived. Fire crews worked into early evening to remove the layers of cardboard material to fully extinguish the fire.
On Tuesday, Crist said the fire caused an estimated loss of $260,000.
Watch Now: Voter's Guide for the Lincoln city general election on May 4
The Lincoln Journal Star posed questions for candidates on the May 4 general election ballot. Read the responses and watch the videos from Lincoln City Council, Lincoln Board of Education and Lincoln Airport Authority candidates.
Learn about the candidates' positions on the issues before voting in the May 4 general election.
In this Series
- 49 updates