Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Unattended candle sparked Lincoln house fire, LFR says
0 Comments
editor's pick

Unattended candle sparked Lincoln house fire, LFR says

  • Updated
  • 0
House fire at 3119 Q St.

Lincoln Fire Capt. Nancy Crist said a fire early Saturday at 3119 Q St. caused an estimated $275,000 damage. An unattended candle started the blaze.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue says a fire early Saturday at a home at 3119 Q St. was started by an unattended candle. 

Capt. Nancy Crist said they were called there at 12:38 a.m. and arrived to find heavy fire coming from the second story of the home. 

Three people live there, but only one was home at the time of the fire and wasn't injured.

Crist said the damage was estimated at $275,000.

Police ID 20-year-old Lincoln man killed in south Lincoln motorcycle crash
Auburn woman, 21, dies in rollover crash near Peru
0 Comments
0
1
0
0
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Public safety reporter

Lori Pilger is a Norfolk native and University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate who has been a public safety reporter for the Journal Star since 2005.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News