Try 1 month for 99¢
Scene

The scene of an apparent carbon monoxide exposure on Wednesday afternoon in north Lincoln.

Five people, including three children, are expected to recover after being sickened by carbon monoxide at a north Lincoln home, a police official said Wednesday.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews were called to the home in the 4100 block of Bellville Drive shortly after 1 p.m.

One of the children was initially unresponsive, but Lincoln Police Capt. Bob Farber said all five people were treated and expected to be released later Wednesday.

Investigators believe the carbon monoxide came from the charcoal grill on an enclosed porch there that the family was using to heat the home, Officer Angela Sands said. 

The home's electricity was shut off Tuesday and the family stayed in a hotel that night, but after they paid the bill the electricity was turned back on Wednesday but hadn't before the incident, she said.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reach the writer at 402-473-2657 or rjohnson@journalstar.com.

On Twitter @LJSRileyJohnson.

0
1
0
2
0

Reporter

Riley Johnson reports on breaking news and public safety issues in Lincoln and southeast Nebraska.

Load comments