You are the owner of this article.
4 people displaced by early morning garage fire
editor's pick

4 people displaced by early morning garage fire

{{featured_button_text}}

A fire early Thursday displaced four people and a dog in the area of 56th Street and Pioneers Boulevard, according to Lincoln Fire & Rescue.

Capt. Nancy Crist said crews found smoke and fire in the attached garage at 5210 Meredeth St. after they were called there at 4 a.m.

She said firefighters put out the fire before it spread into the home, but there was significant smoke damage throughout the duplex.

Crist said damage was estimated at $100,000. The cause of the fire was determined to be a discarded cigarette.

0
0
0
8
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Public safety reporter

Lori Pilger is a Norfolk native and University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate who has been a public safety reporter for the Journal Star since 2005.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News