Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
editor's pick alert

One person treated for smoke inhalation after Lincoln house fire

  • Updated
  • 0

One person was transported to a local hospital after a trash can caught fire in a northeast Lincoln home early Thursday morning, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue officials.

Capt. Nancy Crist crews responded to a single-story house at 6719 Holdrege St. at about 4 a.m. Thursday, where the resident was still in the home.

Firefighters assisted the resident, who was later transported to a hospital, out of the house. The person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Crist said the fire didn't cause any structural damage, and the two residents were ultimately able to reoccupy the house. She said the fire was caused by improper disposal of smoking material. 

United Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Lincoln
Cambridge man shot after hitting Red Willow deputy with car
Nebraska mother, daughter killed in crash; infant injured
0 Comments
0
0
0
0
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Breaking news reporter

A Kansas City, Missouri, native, Andrew Wegley joined the Journal Star as breaking news reporter after graduating from Northwest Missouri State University in May 2021.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News