{{featured_button_text}}
Apartment fire, 10/2

Firefighters work at the scene of a fire at an apartment complex near the intersection of 48th Street and Leighton Avenue.

A fire Tuesday in a northeast Lincoln apartment complex resulted in one of the building’s units being deemed unlivable.

The fire near 48th Street and Leighton Avenue, which was reported just after 5 p.m., was caused by unattended cooking, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg.

Fire crews contained the fire to the kitchen of the third-floor apartment and extinguished it in about 10 minutes, Gegg said.

No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

Officials estimated damages at about $50,000 — $20,000 to the contents and $30,000 to the structure.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Newsroom intern

Newsroom intern at the Journal Star.

Load comments