Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Lincoln kitchen fire causes $150K in damage; dog perishes
0 Comments
editor's pick alert

Lincoln kitchen fire causes $150K in damage; dog perishes

  • Updated
  • 0

An apartment fire near Holdrege and 63rd streets Thursday night killed one dog and caused an estimated $150,000 in damage, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue. 

Crews responded to the fire at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday, finding heavy smoke and fire stemming from the first floor of one of the apartment units, Fire and Rescue Capt. Nancy Crist said in a news release.

Residents were already evacuated when crews arrived, and the kitchen fire was quickly extinguished, Crist said.

The fire caused damage to the unit of origin, and an additional five apartments experienced water and smoke damage. Crist said residents from all six apartments worked with the Red Cross for relocation.

The fire was caused by unattended food on the stove, Crist said.

Lincoln rescuer reflects on Surfside condo collapse as search efforts remain paused
Nebraska man sentenced to life for fatal 2018 kidnapping
Bailey Boswell was perfect victim to fall prey to Aubrey Trail, defense attorney says
0 Comments
0
0
0
3
2

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Breaking news reporter

A Kansas City, Missouri, native, Andrew Wegley joined the Journal Star as breaking news reporter after graduating from Northwest Missouri State University in May 2021.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News