Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Lincoln firefighters put out kitchen fire early Monday
0 Comments
editor's pick

Lincoln firefighters put out kitchen fire early Monday

  • Updated
  • 0
House fire Monday

Lincoln Fire & Rescue were called to 5040 Myrtle St. early Monday about a kitchen fire there.

You can certainly put yourself in a position of preparation for when and if natural disasters do occur Veuer’s Chloe Hurst has the story!

Lincoln Fire & Rescue was called to an early morning fire Monday at 5040 Myrtle St.

Capt. Nancy Crist said firefighters saw smoke coming from the home when they arrived after the 4:30 a.m. call.

They found a fire in the kitchen. Smoke detectors had alerted the sleeping resident, she said.

The fire started after a stove burner had been left on, Crist said. The home is estimated have suffered $60,000 in damage, along with $15,000 in damage to its contents.

Lincoln police identify victim of Saturday night homicide
Police: Woman arrested after making threats, showing gun at Lincoln convenience store

PHOTOS: FIREFIGHTERS IN ACTION

0 Comments
0
0
0
1
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Public safety reporter

Lori Pilger is a Norfolk native and University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate who has been a public safety reporter for the Journal Star since 2005.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News