Try 1 month for 99¢

The resident of a home in central Lincoln that caught fire when a candle in a bedroom tipped over Wednesday morning was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, a fire official said.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews contained the fire at 5101 M St. to the bedroom and extinguished it shortly after they were called to the home at about 9 a.m., Battalion Chief Dave Engler said. A dog died during the fire.

A fire investigator estimated damage to the house at $70,000. The home was valued for tax purposes at $97,700.

The American Red Cross will assist in relocation efforts.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

 

0
0
0
0
0

Reporter

Riley Johnson reports on breaking news and public safety issues in Lincoln and southeast Nebraska.

Load comments