Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Federal jury finds man not guilty of cocaine conspiracy
0 Comments

Federal jury finds man not guilty of cocaine conspiracy

  • Updated
  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}

A federal jury has found Raymond Richardson not guilty of a conspiracy to distribute cocaine in Lincoln that dated back to 2007.

The government had alleged that he was involved in a conspiracy that started in the summer of 2007 with people he met while working on a daycare under construction in Lincoln.

In closing arguments Monday, Richardson's attorney, Carlos Monzon, said the government relied on the testimony of three people who had been convicted of drug conspiracy, trying to get sentence reductions.

Where are all his alleged customers? he asked.

"The government did not have the evidence because my client is innocent," Monzon said.

On Tuesday, the jury returned a verdict finding Richardson not guilty; and the case against him was dismissed.

 

 

0 Comments
0
0
0
0
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Public safety reporter

Lori Pilger is a Norfolk native and University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate who has been a public safety reporter for the Journal Star since 2005.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News