Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Cigarette to blame for $100K damage in Lincoln apartment fire, LFR says
editor's pick alert

Cigarette to blame for $100K damage in Lincoln apartment fire, LFR says

From the What you missed this week in notable Southeast Nebraska crimes and court cases series
  • Updated
  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}

With Americans spending more time at home than ever before, it's even more important to help ensure you are prepared in the event of a home fire.

A cigarette was responsible for an early morning apartment fire Tuesday, according to Lincoln Fire & Rescue. 

Capt. Nancy Crist said crews were called to 6100 Vine St. at 5 a.m. about a fire that had started on the balcony of a second-floor apartment and spread inside.

When they arrived, they evacuated the two-story building and put out the fire.

Crist said there was heavy fire damage to the apartment where the fire started, and smoke and water damage to the rest of the building. 

She said residents in eight apartments were displaced by the fire. The damage was estimated at $100,000.

Suspect wielding a hammer robs man at campsite in north Lincoln
Denial of media credentials for North Omaha website raises questions

PHOTOS: EARLY LINCOLN FIRE DEPARTMENTS

0
1
0
2
1

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Public safety reporter

Lori Pilger is a Norfolk native and University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate who has been a public safety reporter for the Journal Star since 2005.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Husker News