{{featured_button_text}}

A cat died and two residents were displaced after a fire Wednesday morning at a central Lincoln apartment complex, a fire department spokeswoman said.

Smoke and flames coming from a third-story unit at the Argosy Apartments, 5300 R St., were reported at 9 a.m., Nancy Crist of Lincoln Fire and Rescue said.

Crews contained it to the room it started in and extinguished it by 9:22 a.m., she said.

The cat was found dead in the unit.

Investigators determined it was an electrical fire and estimated the damage at $50,000 to building and $30,000 to the contents. The complex's buildings are valued together for tax purposes at $4.1 million.

American Red Cross officials are helping the residents with temporary housing.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

 

0
0
0
0
0

Reporter

Riley Johnson reports on local government in Lincoln.

Load comments