Try 1 month for 99¢

The resident of a home in central Lincoln that caught fire when a candle in a bedroom tipped over Wednesday morning was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, a fire official said.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews contained the fire at 5101 M St. to the bedroom and extinguished it shortly after they were called to the home at about 9 a.m., Battalion Chief Dave Engler said. A dog died during the fire.

A fire investigator estimated damage to the house at $70,000. The home was valued for tax purposes at $97,700.

The American Red Cross will assist in relocation efforts.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

 

Reporter

Riley Johnson reports on breaking news and public safety issues in Lincoln and southeast Nebraska.

Load comments