Just in time for what’s expected to be a hot holiday weekend, the state announced plans to reopen more of its state park and recreation area attractions, including:
* Most swimming pools, aquatic centers and the Platte River State Park spray park will reopen Saturday, though with limited hours and reduced capacity (details at OutdoorNebraska.org.) But the pool at Niobrara State Park will stay closed, and Louisville State Recreation Area’s floating playground will open at a later date.
* Also Saturday, paddleboating reopens at Mahoney and Platte River parks, as will Mahoney’s Owen Marina concessions and miniature golf.
Other openings and dates include:
* Select park service centers reopen Wednesday for information and permit sales.
* The Wildcat Hills Shooting Range will open Wednesday, and the archery range in the Eric Wiebe Shooting Complex at Ponca State Park remains open.
* The Wildcat Hills Nature Center, Schramm Education Center, Water Interpretive Center at Lake McConaughy and Missouri National Recreational River Interpretive Center at Ponca State Park reopen Monday.
* Lincoln’s Game and Parks Outdoor Education Center will reopen Monday.
* State historical park interpretive centers also reopen Monday, though some destinations remain closed, including the Buffalo Bill Ranch house, Bowring Ranch house and Fort Hartsuff visitors’ center.
* Also, Nebraska Game and Parks will resume hosting educational and naturalist programs, but on a limited basis. Contact the specific park or check Calendar.OutdoorNebraska.gov for events.
For more details, go to OutdoorNebraska.gov/healthinfo.
Visitors to offices, interpretive centers, education centers, nature centers and indoor events are required to wear masks.
Nebraska water parks
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!