Families are invited to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local organization.
The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams partner with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The fall session begins the week of Oct. 8 and runs through the week of Nov. 12. Preregistration is required except where noted. Register by contacting the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
• Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Ave., 4-5 p.m. Sundays. Drop-in session; no registration required.
• Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior St., 4-5:30 p.m. Saturdays. Email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th St., 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call Mimi at 402-217-9019.
• South Branch Library, 2675 South St., 2-3:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Heather at email@example.com.
• Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th St., 10-11 a.m. Saturdays. Email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com.