Adults with diabetes, their family members and friends are invited to attend a free Aging Partners workshop series from 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 5 through March 12. The six-week Diabetes Self-Management Workshop will be held at Eastridge Presbyterian Church, 1135 Eastridge Dr.
The workshop is free, but a suggested contribution of $4 per class is appreciated. Preregistration is required by calling 402-441-7575; class size is limited. The following topics will be discussed:
• Determining what to eat and when to exercise;
• Monitoring blood sugar;
• Caring for feet;
• Communicating with family and health care providers;
• Managing low and high blood sugar;
• Dealing with stress and learning relaxation techniques;
• Setting small and achievable goals;
• Increasing self-confidence;
• Feeling better and taking charge.