The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners health and fitness classes beginning in late January.
For those age 60 and over, a $4 contribution is suggested for most classes. For those under age 60, the fee is $5 per class. Participants can attend as many classes as they want, and are encouraged to attend as many as possible. Registration is required by calling 402-441-7575.
More information is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov.
The classes, schedules and locations are as follows:
• Chair Tai Chi – Ongoing, Tuesdays, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 M St.
• Tai Chi – Moving for Better Balance –
Begins Jan. 24 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays and Thursdays, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Eastridge Presbyterian Church, 1135 Eastridge Drive.
Begins Feb. 5, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at F Street Recreation Center, 1225 F St.
• Tai Chi - Continuing 24 Form – Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 1 to 1:30 p.m., Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
• Qigong Refresh and Recharge – This activity focuses on slow, gentle movements to help relieve aching muscles and stiff joints, improve balance and flexibility, and increase energy.
Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 10 to 11 a.m. at Cotner Center Condominium.
Begins Feb. 7, Thursdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Auld Pavilion, 1650 Memorial Drive.
• Chair Yoga –
Begins Feb. 1, Fridays, 11 a.m. to noon at East Lincoln Christian Church, 7001 Edenton Road.
Begins Feb. 6, Wednesdays, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Eastridge Presbyterian Church.
• Beginners 8-Form Tai Chi for Better Balance and Fall Prevention Class – This activity is designed to improve posture, enhance balance and build strength. Begins Feb. 5, Tuesdays, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., Auld Pavilion.
• Fit and Strong Class – Participants will learn the benefits of physical activity, how to manage arthritis, how to exercise safely and how to develop and maintain a healthier, more active lifestyle without pain. Begins Feb. 1 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays and Fridays, 10:30 a.m. to noon, F Street Recreation Center.
• Dynamic Movement – Classes focus on balance, strength and flexibility through a unique combination of dance steps done to popular oldies music.
Begins Feb. 4 (no class Feb. 18), Mondays, 2 to 3 p.m. at Cotner Center Condominium.
Begins Feb 5, Tuesdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Auld Pavilion.
Begins Feb. 7, Thursdays, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 8550 Pioneers Blvd.