Camps for every kid are included in this year’s Lincoln Journal Star Summer Planner and feature glass fusing, pottery, writing, vocal music, fiddling, leadership, sports, architecture, robotics, government, space, animals, outdoor experiences and special needs camping opportunities.
LUX Center for the Arts, 2601 N. 48th St. Info: LUXcenter.org/camps or 402-466-8692. NEW 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. camp care options for working parents.
* Art Classes & Camps. Kids, adults and families explore clay, painting, fused glass, drawing, mixed media, STEAM, and more.
* Paint & Draw Camp. Ages 5-8 and 9-12. Learn about different famous artists each day. Projects allow students to explore different styles of painting and methods of creating them. Tuition: $125 (LUX members, $100).
* Teen and Tween Pottery Wheel Camps. Ages 9-12 and 13+. Students will create a variety of dishes using the pottery wheel. Beginning and experienced students welcome. Tuition: $150 (LUX members, $120).
* STEAM Camp. Ages 5-8 and 9-12. Learn to think outside the box by connecting Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics with your art projects! Tuition: $125 (LUX members, $100).
Paint Yourself Silly, Art in the Evening! camps, featuring pottery painting, glass fusing, clay hand building and more! Grades 1-8. Locations: 7th & P streets, 70th & Pioneers, and 14th & Pine Lake Road. Info: 402-423-1030.
Camp Fontanelle, just north of Fremont. Owned by the Great Plains United Methodist Conference and open to all faiths. Preschool through adult one- to five-day residential camps, June 1- Aug. 3. Tuition: $82-$372. Info: 402-478-4296 or www.campfontanelle.com.
Campin' with the Marians at Camp Kateri Tekakwitha, 20 mins. south of York. For girls entering grades 6-9. Dates: June 24-28. Tuition: $190 ($150 for a second camper), financial assistance available. Dads welcome to attend with daughters. Info: Marian Sisters, 402-786-2750, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Register at www.mariansisters.org starting March 2.
Camp Luther, Schuyler. LCMS Christian camp with outdoor activities for ages 4 to adult. Dates: June and July (camp lengths vary). Free Family Camp June 2-3 (by reservation). Camps: Explorer, Discovery, Adventure, Survivor, Guitar, Laura Ingalls Wilder, STEM, AMP (Arts Music and Performance), Future Leaders, Treehouse and His Kids Special Needs. Cost: $30-$390, financial assistance available. Early bird discount available if paid in full by April 20. Info: 402-352-5655 or www.campluther.org.
Camp Solaris, 25 minutes south of Lincoln, 2349 State Highway 34b Spur, Firth. Christian, summer overnight camps for grades 3-12. One-week sessions June 4-Aug 10. Info: 402-423-8746 or www.CampSonshineMemories.org.
* Ninth Inning Baseball Camp, Grades 3 9, July 29–Aug. 2.
* Family Camp, All Ages, June 29–July 1.
Camp Sonshine, 13440 S. 25th St., Roca. Christian day camp for grades K-6; Teen Leadership Training Program for grades 7-9. One-week sessions June 4-Aug. 10. Time: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., extended hours available. Info: 402-423-8746 or www.CampSonshineMemories.org.
Carol Joy Holling Camp, Ashland. Weeklong camps for grades 1-12, June 4-July 27. Outdoor activities including high ropes course, boating, swimming, hiking, horseback riding. Tuition: $240-$450. Camp for People with Special Needs for ages 13 and up. Tuition: $220. Info: CarolJoyHolling.org or 402-944-2544.
Christ United Methodist Church, 4530 A St. Info: 402-489-9618 or christumclinc.org.
* Vacation Bible School, Ages: 4 years-grade 5. Sessions: 9 a.m. to noon July 16-20 at 4530 A St.; 5:30-7:30 p.m. July 30-Aug. 2 at Connection Point campus, 1333 N. 33rd St.
* Christ Academy School-aged Summer Program, weekly themes and field trips (breakfast, lunch and snacks provided). Ages: 6 weeks to 13 years; 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Messiah Lutheran Church, 1800 S. 84th St., Vacation Bible School, “Shipwrecked.” 9-11:30 a.m. June 4-8. Info: Bethany.email@example.com.
Royal Family Kids Camp, creating life-changing moments for children ages 6-12 that have been abused, neglected or abandoned. Camp focuses on self-worth, value and Bible lessons. Dates: July 16-20. Transportation to camp site provided. Info: 402-499-3449 or lincoln.royalfamilykids.org.
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 8550 Pioneers Blvd., Lincoln. Info: www.stmarks.org. Bring a sack lunch for day camps.
* Little Lights Preschool Camp, 9-11:30 a.m. June 14 and July 19. Cost: $10.
* Vacation Bible School, “Shipwrecked.” 9 a.m. to noon June 25-29. Cost: $10 per child/ $20 max per family. Free registration if parent volunteers.
* Monday Mission Camp, preschool and elementary, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 4-July 30. (No camp June 25 or July 2).
* Wednesday Worship Arts Camp, grades K-5, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 13 and July 18; Cost: $20.
* Lighthouse Leadership Camp, grades 4-6, prepare to lead Vacation Bible School. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 19, 20 & 21.
* Camp Fontanelle, grades 1 and 2 with an adult. Dates: June 29-July 1. Register @ campfontanelle.com.
* Sports and Faith Camp, grades K-5, learn from local collegiate athletes about the role that faith has played in their athletic journeys and play all kinds of sports. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 24, 25 & 26. Cost:$45/child
* Wet and Wild Camp - Bring your swimsuits and come play in the water, preschool and elementary, 1-4 p.m. Aug. 1. Free (registration required).
Saint Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 M St. Info: 402-477-6951 or www.summerdaze.org.
* Summer Daze. Ages: 5 years-grade 5, weeklong camps with varied themes, 9 a.m.-noon, weeks of June 11-Aug. 3. Cost: $55.
* “Shipwrecked” Vacation Bible School. Ages: 4 years-grade 5, 5:30-8:15 p.m. (supper included), June 3-7.
Sheridan Lutheran Church, 6955 Old Cheney Road. Vacation Bible School, “Shipwrecked.” Ages: 4 years-grade 5. 9 a.m. to noon June 11-15. Cost: $30 per child, $75 family maximum. Info: Julie Hestermann, 402-423-4769. Register at www.sheridanlutheran.org/vbs.
Southern Heights Presbyterian Church, 5750 S. 40th St. Info: 402-421-3704.
* Vacation Bible School, “Shipwrecked,” pre-K-grade 5. Dates: June 3-7, 5:45-6:15 p.m., optional child-friendly meal; 6:15-8:30 p.m. VBS.
Trinity United Methodist Church, 7130 Kentwell Lane. Info: 402-435-2946, or www.trinitylincoln.org.
* Vacation Bible School. “The Rolling River Rampage.” Ages: preschool-completed grade 4. Dates: June 4-7, 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. (free family dinner at 5:30).
* Music Camp, completed grades 1-8. Dates: Aug. 6-10, 9 a.m. to noon. Production performance: 7 p.m. Aug. 10.
Villa Marie School Special Needs Camp, 7205 N 112th St., Waverly. Ages 7-16 (basic self-care required). Fishing, boating, swimming, crafts, campfire. Dates: June 11-15. Tuition: $225 for boarders; $175 for day campers. Info. 402-786-3625, www.villamarieschool.com or on Face book at me/villamariewaverly.
Big Red Summer Academic Camps, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Career exploration program for students in grades 10-12 with choice of residential camps in animal science, weather and climate science, filmmaking, engineering, culinary arts, natural resources and Unicameral Youth Legislature. Dates: June 10-15. (Unicameral, June 10-13). Tuition: $350-$600 (early bird fee and limited scholarships available). Info: bigredcamps.unl.edu or (402) 472-2846.
Bright Lights Summer Learning Adventures, five weeks of half-day classes and full-day camps, completed grades K-8. Hands-on learning experiences covering a variety of fun, unique and engaging topics. Main class site is Holmes Elementary, with some classes at other Lincoln community sites. Before Care and Supervised Lunch available. Need-based scholarships can be applied for during registration. Class schedule and Info: BrightLights.org or 402-420-1115. Online registration begins March 24 at 8 a.m.
KANEKO Summer Kids Camps, Omaha. Students ages 12-15 will engage with local professionals to learn about Video Game Design, Architecture Design and Virtual Reality! Dates: June 4-Aug. 2, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday (four-day camps). Tuition: $250 (KANEKO members, $225). Info: thekaneko.org.
Launch Leadership Summer Workshop. Students entering grades 6-12 learn leadership skills. Dates: June 19-23 or July 17-21, Wayne State College. Cost: $350. Info: www.launchleadership.org. Scholarships available.
Camp Summergold, a residential arts and science-based (STEAM) camp for girls 11–17 celebrating its 5th Anniversary. Site: The Leadership Center, Aurora, Nebraska. Offering one extended week from June 3–10. Programming includes the camper’s choice of one extended investigation in Painting, Engineering, Paleontology or Acting. Other camp activities include a carnival, dance class, woodworking, poetry & creative writing, yoga, improv for theatre, crafts, movie night, trips to Edgerton Explorit Center and Plainsman Museum, water park swim party, Bingo, campfires and much more. Tuition: $695 (need-based scholarship applications available). Accredited through the American Camp Association. Info: www.campsummergold.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 402-474-2206.
Lincoln Children’s Museum, 1420 P St., themed adventure camps for preschool (ages 4-5) and elementary students (grades K-1 and 2-4). Star in your own movie, conduct your own science experiments, learn about the power of weather and water, or try on some wacky sports for size, and enjoy free play on the Museum floors every day. Dates: Week-long camps starting June 4 to Aug. 10 (individual day options weeks of Memorial Day and 4th of July). Day camps and week-long camps are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (half day options available for pre-school camps). Cost: individual day camps, $45 for members ($60 for non-members); week-long camps, $199 for members ($219 non-members). Early bird registration saves $20 per week long camp if registered before March 16. Info: 402-477-4000 or lincolnchildrensmuseum.org.
Lincoln Children’s Zoo Camps, 1222 S. 27th St., Lincoln. For camp themes and dates, visit lincolnzoo.org or call 402-475-6741, Ext. 133.
* Preschool, ages 3-4 with a parent/adult, 8:45- 9:45 a.m., $99 members ($129 non-members).
* Half-day camps, ages 4-7, 8:30 a.m. to noon or 1-4:30 p.m., $119 members ($139 non-members).
* Full-day camps, ages 4-12, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuition: $238 members ($278 non-members); partial week camps $96-$175 ($119-$220 non-members).
Nebraska State Historical Society's Nebraska History Museum, Kids Summer Classes. Tuition: $35/$30 (members) for a full-day class; $15/$12 (members) for a half-day class. Info. www.nebraskahistory.org.
* A Day in the Life of a Pioneer Child (grades 1-8), 9 to 4 p.m. June 7. Spend a day like a pioneer child. Bring a pioneer lunch and wear pioneer clothes. Build a town, learn to write with a quill pen in a one-room school house, play pioneer games and make pioneer toys.
* Etiquette for a Proper Victorian Lady (grades 1-6), 9 a.m. to noon June 13. Meet at and tour the Thomas P Kennard House. Practice greetings and introductions, learn etiquette and play games of the Victorian Era (1837-1901). Wear a costume of the era or try on Victorian era clothing.
* Quilts and Other Ways Pioneers Recycled (grades K-8), 9 a.m. to noon June 28. Discover the innovative spirit of the pioneers through repurposed materials. Admire early quilts from the museum’s collection and make a rag rug or a belt with recycled materials.
* Lewis and Clark Playful Puppets (grades K-3), 9 a.m. to noon July 19 or July 20. Learn about Captains Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, make puppets and role play some of their adventures.
Nebraska Writing Project Workshops and Camps, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Apply at http://www.unl.edu/newp/young-writers-programsl or by mail at I/We Love to Write, Nebraska Writing Project, 202 Andrews Hall, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588-0333. Scholarships available.
* Young Writers Camp, (grades 9-12), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 11-22, Andrews Hall, City Campus, UNL:
* I/We Love to Write, Animal Science Building, UNL East Campus June 25-29. Ages 7-11, 9-11 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Ages 12-14, 2-4 p.m.; Ages 7 to adult Family Workshop, 6-8 p.m.
* Junior (completed grades 2-5). Sites/Dates: Elmwood Elementary, June 4-7; Nebraska Wesleyan University, June 18-21; Lincoln Children’s Zoo, July 16-19. Cost: $165.
* Intermediate (completed grades 6-8) University of Nebraska-Lincoln, East Campus, June 18-22. Cost: $250.
Prairie Life Summer Day Camps, 1305 S. 70th St. Ages 5 and up, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Cost: $165 plus a $30 nonrefundable registration fee, ($145 for Prairie Life members). Info: Leyna Saville, email@example.com or register online at www.prairielife.com.
* Sessions/Themes: Mix and Match, May 29-June 1; Weather and Science, June 4-8; Crazy Art, June 11-15; Local Heroes, June 18-22; Wide World of Sports, June 25-29, Lights Camera Action, July 9-13; Animal Planet, July 16-20; Out of This World, July 23-27; Young Chefs, July 30-Aug. 3; Epic Adventure, Aug. 6-10.
Spark Summer Camp, Foundation for Lincoln Public Schools. Active, fun "maker" camp that helps students play their way through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) subjects through hands-on experiments, exploration, field trips. Class site is Adams Elementary School. Completed, grades K-5. Dates: May 29-Aug. 3 (two 4-week sessions and drop-in weeks). Extended care available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuition: $165-$220/week with one-time activity fee. Scholarships available. Info: sparksummer.org/fun or 402-436-1612.
* Sessions/Themes: Wearable Technology, May 29-June 1; Maker Party/3D Printing, June 4-8; Art-itecture, June 11-15; Sound Science, June 18-22; Nanoscience, June 25-29; Space Race, July 2-3, 5-6; Mass Makings, July 9-13; Robotics Coding, July 16-20; Woodworking, July 23-27; Animal Engineers (Bio-engineering), July 30-Aug. 3
Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum Adventure Camps, Ashland. Educational programming in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) concepts. One- and five-day camps with space, robotics, aviation, and survival themes, grades 1-8. Dates: June 4 – July 27. Tuition: one-day camp, $75; three-day camp, $200; five-day camp, $325. Discounts apply for three- and five-day camps and members. Before- and after-care ($5 each). Info: www.SACMuseum.org or 402-944-3400 Ext. 204.
* New Camps: Amazing Race, focuses on finding clues and solving mysteries; Energized, explore circuitry and learn about potential and kinetic energy interactions; Superhero Science, explore the science behind the fantastic abilities of a superhero. Campers will also build their own digital superhero, origin stories, and arch nemesis.
* Additional Camps: Robotics, Robotics Max, Above and Beyond, Astronaut Academy, Build It, Build It Bigger, Drone Challenge, OH SNAP! Circuitry, Game On - LEVEL UP! and Spy Games 2.0: The Next Mission.
Southeast Community College Child Development Center Summer Camps, 8800 O St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (before and after care available), May 29-Aug. 10, different themes each week. Registration: Feb. 26-March 2 for returning campers and Child Development Center attendees; March 5 for new registrants. Fee: $125-$155. Info: 402-437-2450 or 800-642-4075 or online at www.southeast.edu/childdevelopmentcenter.
Lincoln Public School's Summer Technology Program, Bryan Community Focus Program, 300 S. 48th St. Door #1. Students entering grades 4-9 in fall 2018 can explore their interest in computers and new and exciting technology. Classes run 9 a.m. to noon or 1-4 p.m. (no lunch-hour supervision). May 29-June 1, June 4-8, June 11-15, June 18-22, and June 25-29. Tuition: $85, Lincoln residents; $170, non-residents. Some scholarships available for free/reduced lunch qualifiers. Registration starts March 1. Info.: http://wp.lps.org/stp/.
Young Nebraska Scientists Camp, conducted by Nebraska EPSCoR with support from the National Science Foundation to encourage youth participation (grades 9-11) in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning with a hands-on approach in and outside of the lab. Dates: June 17-20, “Life Underground: The Unseen Power of Microbes,” University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Cost: $200; $150 (commuters). Need-based scholarship available. Applications due by April 15. Additional camps for middle- and high-schoolers at Creighton University, the University of Nebraska-Kearney, Doane College in Crete and Cedar Point Biological Station, Ogallala. Info: https://yns.nebraska.edu.
* High School Solo Singers Workshop: June 5-7, singers ages 15 through graduating seniors. Resident and non-resident options available.
* Children’s Choir Camp: June 10-15, singers with unchanged voices ages 10-16. Resident and nonresident options available.
SAIL Camp, strings camps for elementary and middle school students; north and south camps, beginners 9 a.m.-noon; experienced players 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Info: sailcamplincoln.org or email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
* North Camp: Campbell Elementary School, July 23-27, Concert: 10 a.m. July 28, Lincoln North Star High School.
* South Camp: Irving Middle School, July 30-August 3, Concert: 10 a.m. Aug. 4, Prasch Gymnasium, Lincoln Southeast High School.
* Honors Orchestra: Irving Middle School, July 23-26 & July 30-Aug. 3, 3:30-5 p.m. Concert: 10 a.m. Aug. 4, Prasch Gymnasium, Lincoln Southeast High School.
Schoolhouse Fiddle Camps, Avoca, with championship fiddler Deborah Greenblatt. Read sheet music, play by ear, learn melodies, harmonies, and chords, dance, sing, jam, experiment and share. Enrollment limited to 10 fiddlers. Cost: $150.00 for 3 days; $110 for 2 days; $60 for 1 day. Pre-registration required; email email@example.com.
* Beginner Camp, 9 a.m. to noon June 6- 8.
* Intermediate/Advanced Camp, 9 a.m. to noon July 11-13.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Glenn Korff School of Music Summer Camps. Register at http://arts.unl.edu/music/camps.
* Show Choir Camp, June 10-16 (entering grades 9-12, including graduates). Info: Peter Eklund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Summer Chamber Strings Institute, June 10-13 (high school students). Info: Hans Sturm at email@example.com.
* Middle School Band Camp, June 19-23 (entering grades 6-8). Info: 402-472-2505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cornhusker Summer Marching Band Camp, July 8-12 (entering grades 9-12, including graduates). Info: 402-472-2505 or email@example.com.
Camp Kitaki, YMCA-operated residence camp, ages 7-17. One-week sessions June 3-Aug. 11 Variety of programs offering outdoor activities, swimming, horseback riding, team-building, leadership skills, crafts and games. Spots are filling quickly, register soon! Tuition: tiered prices available. Info: 402-434-9222 or www.ymcacampkitaki.org.
Cornhusker Council, 600 S. 120th St., scouting camps for youth in grades 1-5. Join a pack and make new friends. Info: http://www.cornhuskercouncil.org/camping/cubcamps/cub-camps.html or 402-488-6020 ext.266
* Shooting Sports Twilight Camp. Cornhusker Council Outdoor Education Center, 600 S. 120th St. Learn safety and technique for Archery, Sling Shots and BB Guns under the supervision of trained instructors. Date: June 6, 6-9 p.m.
* Family Fishing Event, Holmes Lake. South Shore. Cub Scouts and their families can enjoy fishing with friends and family. Bring your fishing pole if you have one; bait provided.
* Week Long Day Camp, Cornhusker Council Outdoor Education Center, 600 S. 120th St. Scouts can have fun and earn requirements during the summer without the overnight campouts. Dates: June 18-22, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dimensions @ First-Plymouth Summer Program, 20th and D streets. Two, five week sessions for infants, toddlers, preschool and grades K-1. Register for one or both: Session A: May 29-June 29; Session B: July 2-Aug. 3 (closed on July 4). Times: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with full- and part-time schedules available. Info: www.dimensionsed.org.
Pioneers Park Nature Center, 3201 S. Coddington. Info: 402-441-7895 or parks.lincoln.ne.gov/naturecenter.
* Camp Discovery, Nature Center Prairie Building, ages 3-6, 9-11:30 a.m. Monday–Thursday, June 4-July 19. Cost: $90/week.
* Nature Camp, Pioneers Park, ages: 6-13, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 11-Aug. 3. Extended care available: 7:30–8:30 a.m. and 5-5:30 p.m. Cost: $185/week.
* Junior Counselor Leadership Camp, Pioneers Park, ages 14-17, 8:30 a.m.to5 p.m. June 4-8, Cost: $150.
PRAIRIE HILL NatureWorks, 17705 S. 12th, Roca (7 miles south of Lincoln). Info: 402-438-6668 or www.prairiehill.com.
* Country Day Camps, ages 6-13, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (extended care available). Themes: Suzuki Violin/Music Variety, Animal Encounters, Food with Friends, Artful Antics, and Breathing, Bending, and Biking. Daily pony riding, gardening, and adventures in nature. Tuition: $190-$395.Optional tent camping overnights included.
* Mini Camps, Ages 3-6 years, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (two-week sessions, Tuesday-Friday). Daily pony riding, gardening, and adventures in nature. $315.
Competitive Edge Sports (CES) Summer Day Camps, CES Training Center, 2604 Park Blvd., Suite #2. Tuition: $125-$200 (15% discount if registered by Feb. 28). Info: www.LincolnEdge.com or 402-404-5510.
* Takedown Day Camp, ages 8-18, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 29–June 1.
* Speed, Core, & Agility Day Camp, ages 8-18, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 4–8.
* Youth Wrestling Day Camp, grades: Pre-K-5, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 11–15.
* Youth Beginner Wrestling Day Camp, ages 4-10, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., June 18–22.
* Freestyle & Greco Wrestling Day Camp, grades: 6-12h, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 25-29.
* Wrestling Technique Day Camp, grades: 6-12th, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 2-6.
* Intensive Wrestling Camp, grades: 9-12h, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., July 9–13.
* Speed, Core, & Agility Day Camp, ages: 8-18, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., July 16-20.
* Youth Wrestling Day Camp, Grades: Pre-K-5, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 23-27.
* Intensive Strength & Conditioning, ages 13-18, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 30-Aug. 3.
Parks and Recreation “FUNdamental Healthy Me” Day Camps, focus on health, nutrition, nature and fitness. Completed grades K-4 (Belmont, Calvert, Irving); completed grades K-5 (Air Park, Bethany Park, F Street and McPhee), completed grades 5-7 (Calvert, Goodrich, Irving), 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dates: May 29-Aug. 11 (No Camp on May 28 or July 4. Goodrich camp runs until July 27. McPhee camp runs until Aug. 3. Tuition: $136 per 5-day week; need-based scholarships available; Info: lincoln.ne.gov (keyword summer day camp).
* Air Park West Recreation Center, 3720 N.W. 46th St., 402-441-7876.
* Belmont Recreation Center, 1234 Judson St., 402-441-6789.
* Bethany Park, 66th and Vine streets, 402-441-7952.
* Calvert Recreation Center, 4500 Stockwell St., 402-441-8480.
* F Street Center, 1225 F St., 402-441-7951.
* Goodrich Middle School, 4600 Lewis Ave., 402-441-6789 (Call Belmont).
* Irving Recreation Center, 2010 Van Dorn St., 402-441-7954.
* McPhee , 820 Goodhue Blvd. (11 weeks only) 402-441-7952
Genesis Racquet Club Summer Camps for Kids (formerly Lincoln Racquet Club), 5300 Old Cheney Road, grades K-6, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (before- and after-care available for a fee). Dates: May 29 –Aug. 9. Registration Info: www.genesishealthclubs.com or call Julie Reid at 402-423-2511. Registration deadline is May 1.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Campus Recreation, Husker Kids Day Camp (entering grades 2-6) and Husker Adventures Day Camp (entering grades 7-8). Weekly sessions: June 4-Aug. 3 (no camp week of July 2-6). Tuition: $120, members; $130, non-members; extended care ($10 per session per child) Info: 402-472-3467. Online registration at go.unl.edu/camp.
YMCA Sports Camps. Tuition: $50-$100. Info: 402-434-9217 or www.ymcalincoln.org after April 1. Dates and sites tentative.
* Boys Basketball Camp grades 2-3, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; grades 4-8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. LPS school and dates TBD.
* Girls Basketball Camp grades 2-3, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; grades 4-8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. LPS school and dates TBD.
* Cheerleading Camp, grades 1-8, 9 to 11:30 a.m. (June). Site and dates TBD.
* Football Camp, Wright Park, grades 3-8, 9 a.m. to noon (June, dates TBD).
* Soccer Camp, ages 3-16. Sessions: June 5-9 and July 31- Aug. 4.
* Lacrosse Camp, grades 2-8, 6-8 p.m. June (TBA), Wright Park.
* Speed Camp, grades 2-8, 6-8 p.m. July (TBA), Wright Park. * Volleyball Camp, grades: 2-4, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; grades: 5-8, 1-4:30 p.m. LPS school and dates TBD.
* Tennis Camp, ages 5-18, 5-7 p.m., June and July sessions.
* Golf Camp, grades 3-8, 9 a.m. to noon, June and July sessions.
Haymarket Theatre, 802 Q St., Ages: 6-17, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Before and after-care available for all camps. Tuition: $400 for three-week camps (early-bird discount of $25 if registered by May 15); $175 for one-week camps. Info: 402-477-2600 or haymarkettheatre.org. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scholarships.
* One-Week Camps: Musical Theatre Camp, May 28-June 1; Comedy Warehouse Camp, June 25-29.
* Three-Week Programs: The Time Machine, rehearsals June 4-22; performances June 21, 22 and 23; Super Academy, rehearsals July 2-20 (no rehearsal July 4), performances July 19, 20, and 21;The Addams Family, A New Musical Comedy, rehearsals July 23-Aug. 10, performances Aug. 9, 10, and 11.
Summer Theatre Arts Academy Camps, Lincoln Community Playhouse, 2500 S. 56th St. Info: 489-7529 or www.lincolnplayhouse.com. Weekdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost: $175-$335, scholarships available. Ages 8-18, students must be 8 by the first day of camp.
* Musical Production Camps: Giants in the Sky!, June 18-29; performances June 30 at 10 a.m. and noon. The; Magic Tree House: Pirates Past Noon KIDS, July 9-20, performances July 21 at 10 a.m. and noon.
* Auditioned Play Production Drama Intensive Camp: The Wrestling Season, July 23-Aug. 3. Auditions in early July. Performances Aug. 4 at 10 a.m. and noon.
* Skills/Process Camps: Musical Theatre Skills Camp, June 11-15. Showcase June 16 at 10 a.m. and noon.
* Devising Camp: Aug. 6-10, ages 8-11, 9 a.m. to noon; ages 12-15, 1-4 p.m. Sharing Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. and noon.
Youth Actors Academy of Lincoln, 1233 Libra Dr. Ages: 7-17. 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuition: $150 per week; $310 for productions (includes T-shirt). Info: 402-417-4137 or yaal.org.
* Camps: "Show Choir Camp," June 25-29; “Theater Tech Camp,” July 2-3; "Stage Combat Camp," July 5-6.
* Theatrical Productions: “The Seussification of Romeo & Juliet,” May 29-June 1; “Once Upon a Mattress,” June 4-15; “Pompadours & Poodle Skirts,” June 18-22; “Z-Day, A Zombie story set to the music of Grease,” July 9-20; “High School Musical, Jr.,” July 23-Aug. 3; “Silver’s Secret,” Aug. 6-10.