IN-PERSON EVENTS AT CHURCHES
PLEASE CALL AHEAD OR SEE WEBSITE BEFORE ATTENDING EVENTS. If you have an event or your facility is reopening, contact: email@example.com.
Barnabas — 9-10 a.m. (Saturdays), free grab-and-go breakfast; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. free shopping in the store, 931 Saunders Ave.
Barnabas — 1-3 p.m. (Tuesdays), free shopping in the store.
Barnabas — 3-5 p.m. (Thursdays), free shopping in the store; 5:40 p.m. Livestreamed worship service; 6-7 p.m. Free grab and go meals.
Adult Sabbath school and worship service: Piedmont Park Seventh-Day Adventist Church — 9:30 a.m. Sabbath school; 11 a.m. worship service, masks and social distancing, 4801 A St.
Bible study for women and kids: Christ Place — 9:30 a.m. (Thursdays). Bible Study Fellowship class for women and kids (up to age 5), study is Genesis: New Beginnings, 1111 Old Cheney Road. Register: Christplace.church.
Brock's Boutique — 9 a.m.-noon, Nov. 7. Lots of free clothing for kids and adults in memory of Debbie Boltz's son. There is plenty of space for social distancing, masks encouraged, weather permitting, Havelock Christian Church, 6520 Colfax St.
Coffeehouse Church — 6:30-8 p.m. (Wednesdays). Mid-week inspiring service, sharing coffee, a song, poems or a wholesome joke, 1941 N. 68th St. Unitylincoln.org.
Courtyard communion and carillon, with a prayer walk — 5:30-6 p.m. (Wednesdays). Read scriptures and prayers at each station, under the arches, working your way toward the communion table, social distancing and masks encouraged, First-Plymouth Church, 2000 D St.
HALLOWEEN FUN AND LIVE EVENTS AT CHURCHES
Halloween Haunts, Tales and Treats: First-Plymouth — 4:30-5:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Drive-through experience for the whole family. Venture through the church parking lots to see what mystery, fairytale and candy await you. Meet at the corner parking lot, 20th and E streets.
"Light up the Dark" at Piedmont Park Church — 4-6 p.m. Oct. 31. Family fun drive, story and sweet treats, 4801 A St. Piedmontparksda.org.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES
American Lutheran Church — 8:15 a.m. Indoor worship. 10:30 a.m. Outdoor worship. Alclincoln.com. Join in for live worship on Facebook and check YouTube for services.
Christ Lincoln — (Sundays) 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m. Sanctuary, 4325 Sumner St.; 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., 6700 Chatsworth Lane. Christlincoln.org.
Epic Church — 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. (Sundays), 6601 S. 70th St. Eclincoln.com.
First Evangelical Free Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Adults and youth can show up for church, must register kids at Firstfreelincoln.org.
Friedens Lutheran — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays), 540 D St. Facebook: search Friedens Lutheran. Friedens.org.
Friends Book Club: Unity Lincoln — 6 p.m. (Tuesdays). "The Time is Now," the call to uncommon courage, by Sister Joan Chittister, 1941 N. 68th St. UnityLincoln.org. Please call ahead, 402-476-6887.
Havelock Christian Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays) drive-in style service, 6520 Colfax Ave. Havelockcc.org.
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church — 8 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. In-person worship services with communion. (Sundays). Immanuellincolnlcms.com.
Indian Hills Community Church — 10 a.m.and 6 p.m. (Sundays), 1000 S. 84th St. Livestreamed: Facebook.com/IndianHillsCommunityChurch.
Northeast United Church of Christ — 9 a.m. (Sundays). Outdoor service, bring a lawn chair and masks, 6200 Adams St. Zoom fellowship available, please call the church for an invitation at 402-466-0696. Northeastucc.com.
Redeemer Lutheran in-person worship services — 6 p.m. (Saturdays), 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. (Sundays). Seating is limited to 100 per service, 75 in the main sanctuary and 25 in the fellowship hall, 510 S. 33rd St. Register: Redeemerlincoln.org.
Southview Baptist Church — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays), 3434 S. 13th St. Livestreamed: Southviewbaptist.org.
Southwood Lutheran Church — 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m. (Sundays), 4301 Wilderness Hills Blvd. Register: southwoodlutheran.org.
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church — 8:30 a.m. Traditional service, 300 person capacity; 10:30 a.m. Contemporary service, 300 person capacity, beginning Oct. 11, no fellowship in the narthex prior to the service until further notice, masks are required (Sundays). Stmarks.org, 402-489-8885.
Abendmusik online: "The Phantom of the Opera" — 7 p.m. Oct. 30. Experience the thrilling 1925 silent film, "The Phantom of the Opera," starring Lon Chaney, accompanied live by the 6,000-pipe Lied Organ, starring Tom Trenney. Sponsored by John Casey and the Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center to benefit Lincoln’s Music Outreach Program. View: Abendmusik.org.
American Elections webinar via Zoom: St. Paul United Methodist Church — 7 p.m. (Tuesdays). Led by faculty and faculty emerita, topics include Nebraska campaign finance laws, how money impacts Nebraska politics, gerrymandering in America, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, race and voter suppression, Constitutional legitimacy of American elections and more. To participate: Go to bit.ly/stpaulseminar or call 402-477-6951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climate Change and Advocacy education: two virtual sessions at First-Plymouth — 7-8:15 p.m. Oct 29. “Spiritual and Climate Science Basics,” featuring speakers Don Wilhite, UNL Professor Emeritus and Nebraska’s famous climate scientist and David Lux, Senior Pastor Emeritus at Saint Paul United Methodist Church and part of the race for climate grace; 7-8:15 p.m. Nov. 5. "How to advocate for change," topics including speaking to elected officials, participating in hearings, using media and social media, and ways to encourage community engagement. Speakers are Kat Woerner, UNL Student and Field Advisor for the climate; Ken Haar, former State Senator; Lucas Sabalka, LES System Board and climate advocate. Must register to attend session. Register: firstplymouth.org or call 402-476-7565.
Book video series: St. David's Episcopal Church — 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Interactive Bible study, discussion of a variety of books, followed by a healing service. Stdavids.episcopal-ne.org, click on the zoom address to join the study.
Effective parenting in a defective world via Zoom — 6:30-8:30 p.m. (Mondays). Eight-week class began Sept. 14. Register: sheridanlutheran.org/event-registration.
The Bible in art and music: First-Plymouth Church — 6 p.m. (Wednesdays). Led by Dr. Dan Clanton, assistant professor of religion, Doane University. Register: email@example.com for the Zoom link.
Jewish women's lunch via Zoom — 1:30 p.m. Oct. 20. Make your own lunch at home and share conversations with others, meeting via the weekly Tea & Coffee with Pals meeting. RSVP: Call Deb Swearingen at 402-416-7528 if you plan on attending. Southstreettemple.org.
Men's lunch and conversation with Dr. Keck via Zoom — noon-1 p.m. (Wednesdays) Make your own lunch and share conversations with others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES AT CATHOLIC PARISHES
All parishes currently utilize social distancing and wearing masks.
* Cristo Rey — Cristoreylincoln.com. Livestreamed: Facebook, search Parroquia de Cristo Rey Lincoln.
* Immaculate Heart of Mary — Lincolndiocese.org/directory/parishes/729-immaculate-heart-of-mary-lincoln.
* North American Martyrs — Namartyrs.org.
* Sacred Heart — Sacredheartlincoln.org.
* St. Francis of Assisi — Stfrancislincoln.org.
* St. George Byzantine-Ukraine Rite — Lincolndiocese.org/directory/parishes/734-st-george-byzantine-ukrainian-rite-lincoln.
* St. John — Stjohnslincoln.com.
* St. Joseph's — Stjosephlnk.org.
* St. Mary's — Stmarylincoln.org.
* St. Michael — Stmichaellincoln.org.
* St. Patrick — Stpatricklincoln.com.
* St. Peter's Catholic Parish — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays). Saintpeterslincoln.com.
* St. Teresa's — Stlfchurch.org.
* St. Thomas Aquinas Newman Center — Huskercatholic.com.
LIVESTREAMED WORSHIP SERVICES
* Antelope Park Church of the Brethren — 10:15-11:15 a.m. (Sundays). Youtube.com/channel/UC0EtGzdojiBIClTJjkvF2MQ.
* Barnabas worship service — 5:40 p.m. (Thursdays). Facebook.com/barnabascmtylnk.
* Bennet Community Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Worship service conference call. Dial 425-436-6321, enter access code 871648#.Bennetcommunitychurch.org or Facebook.com/groups/117246951634760.
* Calvary Community Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Mycalvary.org.
* Christ United and ConnectioN Point Churches — 11 a.m. (Sundays). Facebook.com/christumclinc/live.
* Citylight South Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Citylightsouth.church/live.
* College View Church of Seventh-day Adventists — Collegeviewchurch.org.
* Faith Bible Church — Faithbiblelincoln.org.
* Faith Lutheran Church — To view all videos, go to youtube.com/channel/UC_nG2R7cNLPoWiNiInieK_A.
* First Baptist Church of Lincoln — Fbclincoln.org.
* First Christian Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Fcclincoln.org/events.
* First Lutheran Church — 8:15 a.m. Tune in to livestream worship services. Flclincoln.org.
* First-Plymouth Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Livestreamed: Featuring Dr. Jim Keck, also including live music. Firstplymouth.org/live.
* First Presbyterian — 8:30 a.m. (Sundays) worship services. All online worship information: fpclincoln.org/Worship-Feed; 9:45 a.m. (Sundays) fellowship before Communion; 10 a.m. (Sundays) Zoom Communion services. Go to fpclincoln.org/worship-feed or fpclincoln.org/zoom-communion, password is 137049. Call-in live worship services: Tuesdays of each week call 402-200-4940, to listen to the previous Sunday worship service.
* First United Methodist Church — 10:45 a.m. (Sundays) livestreamed: Firstumclincoln.org.
* Good Shepherd Lutheran Church — 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays), 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Goodshepherdlincoln.org.
* Heritage Presbyterian — Heritagepres.org.
* Hope Community Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays). Hopechurchlincoln.org.
* Indian Hills Community Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays), Ihcc.org.
* Messiah Lutheran Church — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays), Messiah.us.
* Mt. Olive Lutheran Church — Mtolivewels.org/page/sermons.
* Northeast Missionary Church — Northeastmissionary.org.
* Order of the Red Grail Church — Orderoftheredgrail.org.
* Peace Lutheran (Waverly) — Peacewaverly.org.
* Piedmont Park Seventh-day Adventist Church — Piedmontparksda.org.
* Second Church of Christ Scientist — ChristianScienceLincolnNE.com.
* Southern Heights Presbyterian Church — Southernheights.org.
* Southview Christian Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Southviewchristian.church/online-worship.
* St. Luke United Methodist Church — Stlukelincoln.org.
* St. Paul United Methodist Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays). Saintpaulumc.org.
* Trinity United Methodist Church — 9 and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays) Rev. Dr. Jeff Slater leads worship services live: Trinitylincoln.org/worship-online.
* Unitarian Church of Lincoln — 10 a.m. (Sundays) worship services, youtube.com/unitarianchurchoflincoln.Unitarianlincoln.org/mailing-list.
* Westminster Presbyterian — Westminsterlincoln.org.
TABITHA ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS — Register: Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement or 402-486-8586
Caregiver Eight-Week Online Support Group — 2 p.m. Meets every Thursday, through Nov. 19. Register: Tabitha.org/senior-care-services/bereavement.
* Hope Book Club — 10-11:30 a.m. Meets every other Thursday, providing inspiration and hope, books are read and discussed several chapters at a time. More information: Call Tabitha Hoffman at 402-362-7739.