PLEASE CALL AHEAD OR SEE WEBSITE BEFORE ATTENDING EVENTS. If you have an event or your facility is reopening, contact: email@example.com.
Barnabas — 9-10 a.m. (Saturdays), free grab-and-go breakfast; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. free shopping in the store, 931 Saunders Ave.
Barnabas — 1-3 p.m. (Tuesdays), free shopping in the store.
Barnabas — 3-5 p.m. (Thursdays), free shopping in the store; 5:40 p.m. livestreamed worship service; 6-7 p.m. free grab and go meals.
Brock's Boutique — 9 a.m.-noon, March 6. Lots of free clothing for kids and adults in memory of Debbie Boltz's son, plenty of space for social distancing, wear a mask, Havelock Christian Church, 6520 Colfax Ave.P
Contemplate Lincoln "Care packages for the quarantined" — Pastor Adam and his friends at J-Tech Construction are delivering seven days of groceries to people who have been exposed to COVID-19 or tested positive for the virus and can’t go out of their homes to get groceries. Anyone in need can sign up for the grocery package, and those who want to make a monetary donation can do so on the Contemplate website. A request form must be completed. Request form: shorturl.at/boBM6 or Contemplatelincoln.org or 402-219-1109.
Divorce and relationship recovery class at St. Mark's United Methodist Church — 6-8:30 p.m. Mondays. March 15-May 10. Designed to ease the pain, share with others and begin anew due to the loss of a significant relationship, lengthy marriage or an intense short-term relationship, $20, wear a mask, 8550 Pioneers Blvd. Register. Stmarks.org or call 402-489-8885.
Donations needed at Barnabas Community store — 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 20; 9:30 a.m-12:30 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Feb. 25. Please donate new or used clothing and household items to the Barnabas store. The store is stocked with incoming donations from community supporters. See a list of acceptable items at Barnabascommunity.org/how-to-help/donate.
Coffeehouse Church — 6:30-8 p.m. (Wednesdays). Mid-week inspiring service, sharing coffee, a song, poems or a wholesome joke, 1941 N. 68th St. Unitylincoln.org.
Friends Book Club: Unity Lincoln — 6 p.m. (Tuesdays). "The Time is Now," the call to uncommon courage, by Sister Joan Chittister, 1941 N. 68th St. UnityLincoln.org. Please call ahead, 402-476-6887.
FoodNet at SouthPointe Christian Church (new location) — 5:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Anybody who is in need is welcome, also volunteers are welcome to help serve, 7010 Helen Witt Drive.
"Understanding World Views: Learning about Comparisons, Contrasts and Contradiction to the Infallible Word of God" workshop — 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Speaker is Zig Ziegler protege, Krish Dhanam, $29 including lunch, space is limited, must register, wear a mask, Carol Joy Holling Conference Center, 27416 Ranch Road, Ashland. Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-worldviews-with-krish-dhanam-registration-137278051347
LENTEN SERVICES & PROGRAMS
First Lutheran Church mid-week in-person services — noon and 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). A limited number of spots are offered; registration is open every Sunday morning at 6 a.m. for the following Wednesday mid-week Lenten services, must register and wear a mask, 1551 S. 70th St. Register: Flclincoln.org/worship. Livestream: Facebook.com/flclincoln/.
"Galatians" Lenten Bible Study for Adults online from First Presbyterian — noon and 6 p.m. Began Feb. 24, (Wednesdays). Five sessions discussing Paul's letter to the Galatians. Must register: email Kris Brammer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 402-477-6037. Fpclincoln.org. At 7:15 p.m., a 15-minute prayer service is offered with brief scripture, reflection and prayer. Participate at: Facebook.com/fpclincoln.
Sheridan Lutheran Church services in-person — 6 p.m. (Wednesdays) Worship in-person or watch the livestream service via website or Facebook, 6955 Old Cheney Road. Sheridanlutheran.org. Livestream: Facebook.com/sheridanluthlnk.
St. Paul United Methodist Church virtual Lenten program — 6:15-6:45 p.m. (Wednesdays) 6 p.m. Silence and prayer; 6:15 p.m. soothing music begins for meditation; 6:30 p.m. poetry, prayer and singing; social distancing and wear a mask, 1144 M St. Saintpaulumc.org or 402-477-6951.
LIVESTREAMED BIBLE STUDY, CLASSES AND EVENTS
"Bad Girls of the Bible" coffee and a muffin 10-week book study via Zoom — 10 a.m. (Saturdays -- started Jan. 30). Enjoy studying women from the book "Bad Girls of the Bible," written by Liz Curtis Higgs. Join in any week you choose including: Feb. 20, Woman at the well, bad for a Season; Feb. 27, Delilah, bad to the bone; March 6, Sapphira, bad for a moment; March 13, Rhab, bad for a season; March 20, Jezebel, bad to the bone; March 27, Michal, bad for the moment; April 3, Conclusion. Purchase your book online or at your favorite bookstore. Email email@example.com or see fpclincoln.org/event/biblical-bad-girls.
Book video series: St. David's Episcopal Church — 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Interactive Bible study, discussion of a variety of books, followed by a healing service. Stdavids.episcopal-ne.org, click on the zoom address to join the study.
Climate Change speaker series "Cathederal On Fire" via Zoom — 6-7 p.m. Feb. 24, Rev. Dr. Brooks Berndt will discuss his book. March 3, Rev. Tremaine Combs, Senior Pastor, Mt. Zion Church, topic is climate change impact on low-income communities; March 10, Mayor Josh Moenning, Norfolk, highlighting ways to adopt the future of energy right now; March 17, Lincoln Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and Micky Esposito, Senior Policy Advisor, Resilient Lincoln Initiative, discussing the Lincoln climate Action Plan and how faith communities can support it. More details: Firstplymouth.org/onfire.
Grandparenting class at Sheridan Lutheran Church via Zoom — 6:30 p.m. (Tuesdays). Strengthen your family and pass on your faith with this video-based study, giving grandparents a biblical foundation for investing spiritually in your grandchildren. To register, call the church office at 402-423-4769 to get the Zoom link.
Metaphysics class — 9 a.m. (Sundays). Facebook.com/UnityLincoln.
Unity Cafe online discussion — 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Interactive discussion led by the Rev. Toni and Evan, based on spirituality dealing with a variety of current topics. Facebook.com/UnityLincoln.
Zentangle: A Lenten Spiritual Practice workshop — 4 p.m. March 7. Denise Mainquist will lead you through videos together, all ages welcome, $20, suggested donation, registeration due Feb. 21. Sen your doantion to First Lutheran Church, with the words Zentangle Workshop in the memo line. More details: email Sharon@Flclincoln.org.
"Nunsense" at TADA Theater in-person and livestream — 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20; 2 p.m. Feb. 21. Enjoy a heavenly production about the comedic antics of the Little Sisters of Hoboken; tickets start at $18. More details: Tadatheatre.info or call the box office at 402-438-8232.
SAVE THE DATE
Mayor's Interfaith Prayer Breakfast virtual event — 7:30 a.m. April 7, 2021. Free, must register. Register: servicespace.org/event/view.php?eid=12700.
World Day of Prayer presented by Church Women United of Lincoln — March 5. In this time of social distancing, the group is asking people to pray every hour on the hour March 5. The women from the small islands country of Vanuatu, in the southwest Pacific ocean, have prepared a service with the theme “Build on a Strong Foundation” for inspiration this year. For more information about this service or suggestions for prayer, please contact Connie Karges, 402-488-2418, a member of the local CWU Chapter. Churchwomenunited.net.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES
Christ Lincoln — (Sundays), 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., traditional worship service in the Sanctuary, 4325 Sumner St.; 9:30 and 11 a.m., "211 worship" multi-sensory service, 4325 Sumner St.; 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., 6700 Chatsworth Lane, "211 worship" multi-sensory service; (Mondays), 7 p.m. traditional worship service in the Sanctuary. Livestreamed worship: Christlincoln.org.
Christ Place Church — One church, multiple locations offering a variety of services on Sundays. Please see website for a complete listing of worship services and times. Christplace.church/inperson.
College View Church of Seventh-day Adventists — 9:15 a.m. and noon (Saturdays) in the Sanctuary, 4801 Prescott Ave. Livestreamed on Facebook and Collegeviewchurch.org.
Epic Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays), 6601 S. 70th St. Eclincoln.com.
Faith Bible Church — 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays), enter and exit through the front doors only, services are in the Worship Center; 9 a.m. services are in Fellowship Hall, enter and exit through the south doors only; Children's Ministry and nursery available during the 10:30 a.m. hour. Services are also livestreamed: Faithbiblelincoln.org.
First Christian Church — 10:15 a.m. doors open, enter on the west side of building; 10:30 a.m. worship begins (Sundays), masks are required, 430 S. 16th St. Fcclincoln.org.
First Evangelical Free Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Adults and youth can show up for church, 3280 S. 84th St. Must register kids at Firstfreelincoln.org.
Friedens Lutheran — (Sundays), 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. English services; 1-2:30 p.m. Karen Language services; (Saturdays and Sundays), 5-7:30 p.m. Spanish services, 540 D St. Facebook: Search Friedens Lutheran. Friedens.org.
First-Plymouth — 10:30 a.m. and 11:59 a.m. In-person services are available, enjoy a sermon, song and prayer in the sanctuary, limited to 150 people, must register, masks and social distancing, 2000 D St. Register: eventbrite.com/e/sanctuary-worship-registration-138009523199 or Firstplymouth.org.
Havelock Christian Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays), drive-in style service in the parking lot, bring your own Communion elements or there are pre-packaged elements available if you wish to use them, 6520 Colfax Ave. Havelockcc.org.
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church — 8 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. (Sundays). In-person worship services with communion, 2001 S. 11th St. Immanuellincolnlcms.com.
Indian Hills Community Church — 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Sundays), 1000 S. 84th St. Livestreamed: Facebook.com/IndianHillsCommunityChurch.
Mount Zion Baptist Church — (Sundays) 10:30 a.m. worship, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 3301 N. 56th St. Mountzionlincoln.org.
Northeast United Church of Christ — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Indoor, in-person worship service, 6200 Adams St.; also virtual worship: northeastucc.com and Facebook.com/northeastucc; 9:30 a.m. Zoom fellowship hour. Please call the church for an invitation at 402-466-0696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southview Baptist Church — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays), 3434 S. 13th St. In-person and livestream. Southviewbaptist.org.
Sheridan Lutheran Church — 8:30, 9:45 a.m. 11 a.m. (Sundays). 6 p.m. (Wednesdays), wear a mask, 6955 Old Cheney Road. Sheridanlutheran.org.
Southwood Lutheran Church — Introducing in person services at 8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. (Sundays) started Jan. 31. Attendees are asked to register for their preferred service. Registration is open Jan. 27-Jan. 31. Register:Southwoodlutheran.org/worship.
Saints Simon and Jude Eastern Orthodox Church — 11 a.m.(Sundays). An English-speaking, open-minded parish in the canonical tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy, 450 E St. SaintsSimonandJude.org.
St. Luke United Methodist Church — 5:30 p.m. Saturdays; 10:30 a.m. Sundays, limited to 20 people, must register to attend at: stlukelincoln.org/worship-registration, 1621 Superior St. Livestreamed worship on Youtube.com/channel/UCT3UBj21wfRJKUA_DdUkbNQ. Stlukelincoln.org.
Unity Lincoln — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Limit is six people. Please call ahead to let the church know you are attending worship service at 402-476-6887; leave a message with your phone number, 1941 N. 68th St. Unitylincoln.org.
Westminster Presbyterian — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays) in the sanctuary; noon, Sudanese worship services. You also can access services at any time online; click on YouTube sermons under the worship tab. Westminsterlincoln.org.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES AT CATHOLIC PARISHES
All parishes currently utilize social distancing and wearing masks.
* Cristo Rey — Cristoreylincoln.com. Livestreamed: Facebook, search Parroquia de Cristo Rey Lincoln.
* Immaculate Heart of Mary — Lincolndiocese.org/directory/parishes/729-immaculate-heart-of-mary-lincoln.
* North American Martyrs — Namartyrs.org.
* Sacred Heart — Sacredheartlincoln.org.
* St. Francis of Assisi — Stfrancislincoln.org.
* St. George Byzantine-Ukraine Rite — Lincolndiocese.org/directory/parishes/734-st-george-byzantine-ukrainian-rite-lincoln.
* St. John — Stjohnslincoln.com.
* St. Joseph's — Stjosephlnk.org.
* St. Mary's — Stmarylincoln.org.
* St. Michael — Stmichaellincoln.org.
* St. Patrick — Stpatricklincoln.com.
* St. Peter's Catholic Parish — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays). Saintpeterslincoln.com.
* St. Teresa's — Stlfchurch.org.
* St. Thomas Aquinas Newman Center — Huskercatholic.com.
LIVESTREAMED AND ONLINE WORSHIP SERVICES
* Antelope Park Church of the Brethren — 10:15-11:15 a.m. (Sundays). Youtube.com/channel/UC0EtGzdojiBIClTJjkvF2MQ.
* Barnabas worship service — 5:40 p.m. (Thursdays). Facebook.com/barnabascmtylnk.
* Calvary Community Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Mycalvary.org.
* Citylight South Church — 9 a.m. (Sundays). Citylightsouth.church/live.
* ConnectioN Point Church — 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m. worship services, view on: Facebook.com/christumclinc. Connection Point Church is affiliated with Christ United Methodist Church, 4530 A St. Connectionpointlnk.org.
* Contemplate Lincoln Church — 4 p.m. (Sundays). Interactive worship, contemplative, silent prayer and meditation. Contemplatelincoln.org.
* Faith Lutheran Church — To view all videos, go to youtube.com/channel/UC_nG2R7cNLPoWiNiInieK_A.
* First Baptist Church of Lincoln — Online worship only: Fbclincoln.org.
* First Lutheran Church — 8:15 a.m. (Sundays). Tune in to livestreamed worship services. Flclincoln.org.
* First-Plymouth Church — 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Livestreamed: Featuring Dr. Jim Keck, also including live music; 6:15 p.m. (Wednesdays) Mid-week worship for all ages, Pastor Patrick Messer, music by Will Hutchinson and prayer. Firstplymouth.org/live or Youtube.com/channel/UCXfP1zqh8-8Pnw--uiKPuNg or Facebook.com/FirstPlymouthChurch.
* First Presbyterian — 8:30 a.m. (Sundays) worship services. All online worship information: fpclincoln.org/Worship-Feed; 9:45 a.m. (Sundays) fellowship before Communion; 10 a.m. (Sundays) Zoom Communion services. Go to fpclincoln.org/worship-feed or fpclincoln.org/zoom-communion, password is 137049. Call-in live worship services: Tuesdays of each week, call 402-200-4940 to listen to the previous Sunday worship service.
* First United Methodist Church — 10:45 a.m. (Sundays) livestreamed: Firstumclincoln.org.
* Good Shepherd Lutheran Church — 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays), 6:30 p.m. (Wednesdays). Goodshepherdlincoln.org.
* Heritage Presbyterian — Heritagepres.org.
* Hope Community Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays). Hopechurchlincoln.org.
* Horizon Community Church — 9 a.m. Online worship service. Horizons.church or Facebook.com/HorizonsCommunityChurch.
* Indian Hills Community Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays), Ihcc.org.
* Messiah Lutheran Church — 9:30 a.m. (Sundays), Messiah.us.
* Mt. Olive Lutheran Church — Mtolivewels.org/page/sermons.
* Northeast Missionary Church — Northeastmissionary.org.
* Order of the Red Grail Church — Orderoftheredgrail.org.
* Peace Lutheran (Waverly) — Peacewaverly.org.
* Piedmont Park Seventh-day Adventist Church — 9:30 a.m. Sabbath school; 11 a.m. worship service (Saturdays), masks and social distancing, 4801 A St. Piedmontparksda.org.
* Redeemer Lutheran worship services — 8:30 a.m. (Sundays). View the livestream on: Redeemerlincoln.org.
* Southern Heights Presbyterian Church — Southernheights.org.
* Southview Christian Church — 10:30 a.m. (Sundays). Southviewchristian.church/online-worship.
* St. Luke United Methodist Church — Stlukelincoln.org.
* St. Mark’s United Methodist Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays). Livestreamed service at Stmarks.org and Facebook Live.
* St. Mark's on the Campus Episcopal Church — 10:30 a.m. stmarks-episcopal.org.
* St. Paul United Methodist Church — 10 a.m. (Sundays). Saintpaulumc.org.
* Trinity United Methodist Church — 9 and 10:30 a.m. (Sundays) Rev. Dr. Jeff Slater leads worship services live: Trinitylincoln.org/worship-online.
* Unitarian Church of Lincoln — 10 a.m. (Sundays), virtual worship services. Youtube.com/channel/UCbQ6y1CmHO9tg6aAmluXlKQ.
TABITHA ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS — Register: Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement.
* Caregiver Support Group — 2 p.m. Meets online every Thursday. This eight-week support group is dedicated for those who are caring for a spouse, parent or other loved one with a serious illness. Each week there will be a different topic. More information: Juanita Steenbakkers at 402-416-7365.
* Grieving Gracefully Book Club — noon Feb. 23, March 9 and 23. Meets online every second and fourth Tuesday. The support group will read and discuss, “Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope,” by Mary Beth Chapman, a book that focuses on moving through grief with faith. More information: Juanita Steenbakkers at 402-416-7365.
* Growing Through Grief Support Group — 3 p.m. Meets online Tuesdays, started Jan. 19. This six-week support group is dedicated for those who recently lost a loved one. Share your story with others who are going through a common experience, get helpful tips to successfully move through the grieving process. More information: Abby Henre at 402-486-8546.
* Hope Book Club — 10-11:30 a.m. Meets online every other Thursday; March 4 and 18. The support group will read “The Year of Magical Thinking” by Joan Didion, a memoir of her first year after her husband’s death. More information: Tabitha Hoffman at 402-362-7739.