The Lincoln Journal Star Packaging department has openings for a part-time Seasonal Inserter. The successful candidate will be able to feed printed material into a inserting machine, jog and palletize products onto pallets, operate manual pallet jacks while helping to maintain a clean and safe production area. We work hard to maintain a team oriented professional environment.
This position will be required to work depending on work load and production requirements. Average hours will be about 35-40 hours a week. This is a temporary position with potential for a permanent role in the future. Applicants chosen would work a set shift/schedule from now until January 11, 2019. Work would be between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday and some Saturdays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. Please apply online at http://www.journalstar.com/workhere.
As a member of our packaging team, candidates must possess:
- ability to lift newspaper bundles up to 20 lbs.
- physical capability of standing, bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, and lifting repeatedly throughout a shift
- ability to learn and follow direction
- attention to detail
- ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- ability to work a varied schedule
- promptness and reliability to work
- hand and eye coordination
- willingness to learn and assist in setup of equipment
- must be at least 18 years of age
- solid work history
- Being able to work safely around moving machinery and equipment