The Journal Star Packaging department has immediate part-time openings (avg 10-19 hours) in our regional production facility. Duties include feeding preprinted advertisements into our inserting machine and stacking/loading completed products. Shift available: Sat and Sun from 10:15pm-3:30am or Tue, Wed and Friday from 10:15pm-3:30am.
As a member of our packaging team, candidates must possess:
- ability to lift newspaper bundles up to 20 lbs.
- physical capability of standing, bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, and lifting repeatedly throughout a shift
- ability to learn and follow direction
- attention to detail
- ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- ability to work a varied schedule
- promptness and reliability to work
- hand and eye coordination
- willingness to learn and assist in setup of equipment
- must be at least 18 years of age
- solid work history
Interested candidates may apply online at www.journalstar.com/workhere/.
We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen prior to commencing employment. EOE