The primary function of this sales position is to sell multi-media employment advertising solutions to local businesses. Primary responsibility is to grow market share and revenue through a combination of new business development and growth from existing customer base while always keeping customer objectives top of mind.
The Account Executive will work within the sales team to identify prospects; complete pre-call planning or client research; earn client appointments with decision makers; develop multi-media marketing campaigns; present creative solutions; and close business. Account Executives must have strong general business acumen with the ability to identify current and potential needs of customers; communicate audience based marketing solutions that meet customer needs and sell campaigns that fit criteria. Must be able to uncover and overcome objections regarding audience, price and value. They must be able to use data and strong listening skills to research and identify customer goals and objectives. This position must have a deep understanding of multi-media advertising platforms, especially digital, in an ever changing media landscape. It is critical this position develop and provide accurate forecasts while managing an existing list in addition to new business development. The role requires a proven track record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment with the ability to drive constructive change and work effectively as a part of a team. Seeking a natural go-getter who takes pride in coming to work timely and strives to make a high volume of outbound phone calls and appointments to meet monthly objectives.
KEY RESULT AREAS include the following:
Sales - 80%
- Meets or exceeds sales goals.
- Grows customer base through new business development and existing customer base.
- Works with Digital Sales Specialist, Account Managers, Sales Managers and Creative Services to develop and present customer solutions that deliver strong ROI for clients.
- Always aware of performance to goal, gap and develops/executes on plans to meet sales goals.
- Produces accurate forecasts.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge with the ability to clearly articulate the value of multi-media marketing solutions.
- Develops strategies to gain market share in classes of trade.
- Generates and interprets analytics to determine campaign effectiveness and makes recommendations to increase overall effectiveness of campaigns.
- Understands competitive media and how to sell benefits of LJS solutions.
- Negotiates contracts and proposals with clear understanding of client ROI while keeping the company’s rate integrity intact.
We offer a competitive compensation package with a base plus bonus structure. In addition, we offer a variety of medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs. We also offer 401k and life insurance options as well as paid vacation, sick and personal time.
To learn more about our company or to apply, please log on to: www.journalstar.com/workhere.
We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background/mvr screening prior to commencing employment. EOE