To take stock of the first-timer employment landscape, WalletHub compared more than 100 different types of entry-level positions based on 13 key metrics. The data set ranges from median starting salary to projected job growth by 2026 to median tenure with employer.
Best vs. Worst
You have free articles remaining.
- Tax attorneys have the highest average starting salary, $97,559, which is 5.9 times higher than that of a college teaching assistant, the job with the lowest at $16,622.
- Employee-relations specialists have the highest income growth potential, 6.4, which is 3.6 times higher than that of a bank teller, the job with the lowest at 1.8.
- Benefits administrators have the longest median tenure with their employers, 6.4 years, which is 2.1 times higher than that of a certified occupational therapist assistant, the job with the shortest at 3.0 years.
- Certified occupational therapist assistants have the highest projected job growth by 2026, 28.9 percent.
- Although web-application developers are among the 10 best entry-level jobs, computer operators have the grimmest job outlook, with 22.8 percent of jobs in the field projected to be cut by 2026.
For the full report, please visit: