• “Black Coffee” performance, Lincoln Community Playhouse, 2500 S. 56th St. Details/reservations: lincolnplayhouse.com or 402-784-7529.
• Lincoln Choral Artists’ first concert of the 2018-19 season, “Love Is a Battlefield,” 3 p.m., Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 6001 A St. More details/tickets: lincolnchoralartists.org or 402-405-8070.
• Nebraska Brass fall concert, “Happy Birthday Lenny,” a tribute to Leonard Bernstein, 3 p.m., Christ United Methodist Church, 4530 A St. Details/tickets: 402-477-7899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct. 29-Dec. 17
• Capital Jazz Society performances, 7 p.m. Mondays, Blue Blood Brewing Co., 925 Robbers Cave Road. Details: 402-477-7899 or email@example.com.
• The Amara Piano Quartet (formerly Ames Piano Quartet) returns to Lincoln for a Lincoln Friends of Chamber Music concert of works by Saint-Saens, Mozart and Brahms, 7:30 p.m., Johnny Carson Theater at the Lied, 11th and R streets. The quartet includes Lincoln-born cellist George Work. Tickets available in advance at 402-472-4747, liedcenter.org/events (enter “lfcm”) or at the door. A pre-concert lecture begins at 7 p.m.; a reception immediately follows the concert. More details: lfcm.us.
• Nebraska Wesleyan production of “Come Back to the 5 & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean,” Studio Theater, 2710 N. 48th St. Tickets: nebrwesleyan.edu/theatre-tickets or 402-465-2384.
• Arts for the Soul brings “Concert in Remembrance of Victims of Violence,” 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 840 S. 17th St. Details/tickets: fpclincoln.org or 402-477-6037.