||OPERATIONS & PRODUCTION
The Lincoln Journal Star has an immediate opening for a full-time press operator.
We are willing to train the right individual for this position on the operation of our printing press, and the processes involved with it. Candidates should possess the requirements listed below. The press department prints multiple newspapers and a variety of special sections and commercial print work. This position works closely with editorial, prepress, packaging, and circulation departments. This position shares in the responsibility for the daily maintenance, cleaning, and all safety tied to the pressroom and press related equipment.
This position primarily works evenings or night shift, which will include weekends and holidays. Flexibility to work other shifts if necessary is required.
As part of Lee Enterprises, The Lincoln Journal Star offers a professional work environment, a focus on growth opportunities for employees and a full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.
- Good Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Demonstration of professional conduct
- Demonstration of cooperative behavior with co-workers
- Capable of setting priorities and attention to detail
- Can communicate orally both in person and on the phone
- Can interact and remain focus while dealing with multiple objectives
- Math skills with addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds