Details for Reporter The Beatrice Daily Sun is looking for a talented
The Beatrice Daily Sun is looking for a talented and motivated Reporter to work in our newsroom. The right candidate is interested in being involved in a variety of functions from covering government, features and breaking news; to writing headlines and ensuring our website is fresh. Local candidates or candidates able to relocate only. We pride ourselves on training reporters with skills to help them grow into bigger circulation audiences when they are ready. If you want to work at an award winning local community newspaper with opportunities for growth this is the job for you.
* Previous experience or a degree in journalism is helpful, but not required.
* Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
* Photo and social media skills are a plus.
* Must have excellent communication skills and the confidence to talk to members of the community about story ideas, concerns, and comments.
* Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
* Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities while maintaining professionalism in the workplace.
* Must possess reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout the local community.
* Drug and background check required upon offer of employment.
We're located in the southeast corner of Nebraska, just 40 minutes away from the state capitol and home to the University of Nebraska. This is a picturesque agricultural area.
As part of Lee Enterprises, The Daily Sun offers excellent earnings potential and a full benefits package, along with a professional work environment focused on growth opportunities for employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and a background/DMV check prior to commencing employment.