Nebraska coach Bo Pelini told the Journal Star that fullback Mike Marrow will not be on the Husker roster this year.
It was not a dismissal, according to Pelini, but a family decision of the Marrows. Mike's father, Vince Marrow, became an assistant coach at Kentucky this year after working as a grad assistant at Nebraska.
* Pelini also said that 2013 athlete recruit Tre'Vell Dixon (Baldwin, La.) will not be on the team. Dixon is likely to go the JUCO route.
Pelini doesn't yet know where Dixon is going but said, "we're helping him work on it."
* As for other incoming recruits who were on the fence? Pelini said Randy Gregory, Dimarya Mixon and Chongo Kondolo will be ready to participate in fall camp.
Linebacker Marcus Newby still has some paperwork that needs to go through before he can compete, according to the coach.
* As you'd expect, Pelini doesn't know yet have an answer on Alex Lewis, who has a trip to court in Colorado for an assault charge scheduled this week.
"There are no guarantees for Alex Lewis. There never were."
* Defensive end Avery Moss has a court case pending for a public indecency charge, but it doesn't appear it will impact his status with the Huskers in Pelini's eyes.
"Avery's in good shape right now."
* Linebacker Trevor Roach is out for the season, Pelini confirmed. The coach described it as a "freak injury" suffered during conditioning.
More to come from media days.