De-commitment danger?

2013-01-23T13:26:00Z 2013-01-23T14:18:31Z De-commitment danger?By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON
January 23, 2013 1:26 pm  • 

The Boaz Joseph commitment puts Nebraska at 24 pledges with two weeks still to play in this recruiting cycle.

On paper, it's been a good haul, possibly the kind of haul that will land Nebraska in the Top 15 of some national rankings.

But on the way to the finish line, there's always that battle of hanging on to what you have.

Most of Nebraska's commitments seemed very firm in their intent on signing with the Huskers in two weeks.

But there are two recruits who might have Husker fans feeling a little uneasy right now.

Wide receiver Dominic Walker and safety Marcus McWilson both have another school courting them hard.

In Walker's case, it's Auburn. It's McWilson's case, it's Kentucky. Yes, the same Kentucky that now employs former Husker grad assistant Vince Marrow, which adds a whole other layer.

While Walker told some recruiting sites he was 100-percent on Nebraska after a visit from Bo Pelini and Rich Fisher on Monday night, the Orlando receiver hosted Auburn coaches in-home Tuesday night.

"I'm more like 75 percent committed to Nebraska now," Walker told 

"I've basically just got to sleep on it and keep evaluating everything. I have to keep asking questions and really keep trying to find the best school for me. At the end of all that, I should have a decision."

Walker committed to Nebraska in late December but visited Auburn this past weekend. His high school teammate and buddy also recently committed there.

"It's probably going to go down to National Signing Day," Walker told Big Red Report. "I think Nebraska is coming again next week here, but I'm not sure.

"I think that the questions are going to keep coming from both schools. People will be mad. People are going to be disappointed. But at the end of the day, I have to do what's best for me."

As for McWilson (pictured), he put off a visit to Kentucky this past weekend but now tells (the Kentucky Rivals website) that he will visit the school in coming days.

"I'm not really leaning towards either [Kentucky or Nebraska] but I'll just see what happens," McWilson told the Rivals site. "When I get back from my official I'm going to sit down with my mom, dad and coach and look at the pros and cons of each school. If it's Nebraska, it's Nebraska. If it's Kentucky, it's Kentucky.

"Right now I'd say I would be up in the air. I definitely want to be open to new things. I want to make a good decision, not for other people but for me."

As always, wearing seat belts is suggested for these last couple weeks before signing day.

Copyright 2015 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.