A Lancaster County judge found Nebraska standout offensive lineman Richie Incognito guilty of misdemeanor assault at the conclusion of a trial Tuesday.
Incognito, a 20-year-old junior from Glendale, Ariz., will be sentenced on the conviction June 25. Prosecutors are not seeking jail time.
Police ticketed Incognito in February following an incident at a Lincoln party in which three men claimed they were assaulted by the 6-foot-3, 290-pound player.
One of the men said Incognito pushed him down and slammed his face into a wall, while another man said he was knocked unconscious by Incognito.
The third man said Incognito struck him in the face and took his cell phone.
A non-jury trial on the charges was held before Lancaster County Judge Laurie J. Yardley.
In rendering her verdict Tuesday, Yardley said testimony was not credible from the man who claimed he had been slammed against a wall by Incognito. She said testimony was credible from the man who said he was knocked out by Incognito.
The judge on Monday dismissed the charge related to the third man because he failed to appear in court.
Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan said in a prepared statement that Incognito will face discipline within the program. Callahan didn't specify the nature of Incognito's punishment.
"Acts of this nature will not be tolerated in this program,"Callahan said. "Richie is accountable for his actions and will be disciplined accordingly. As I have said to the team on many occasions, it is a privilege to participate in football at the University of Nebraska. We are held to a high standard here, and it is all of our responsibility to uphold that high standard."
Incognito started every game at left tackle last season before being moved to center this spring. In 2002, Incognito was the first Nebraska freshman offensive lineman to start a season opener.
Incognito is regarded as perhaps the best overall player on an offense that returns eight starters from last season's 10-3 squad.