Nebraska nonprofit organizations and University of Nebraska programs addressing community needs at the local or state level may submit funding ideas to Women Investing in Nebraska (WIN) for the group’s 2018 grant awards.
Each year WIN awards two equal grants for projects addressing critical community needs in Nebraska. One grant is awarded to a Nebraska nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity, and the other is awarded to an organization or group directly affiliated with one of the University of Nebraska’s four campuses.
Potential grant seekers must submit a letter of inquiry by Feb. 19. Letter requirements are at womeninvestinginnebraska.org. Based on these inquiries, WIN will invite 12 to 16 organizations to submit formal grant proposals by April 23. Recipients will be announced in the fall.
Grant seekers may contact Lori Shriner at 402-458-1209 or 800-432-3216.
In 2017, WIN awarded $170,000 in grants, split equally between the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska and the University of Nebraska Medical Center’s Munroe-Meyer Institute.
Since 2011, WIN has granted $862,650 to 12 organizations or university programs. Past awards were made to:
• 2017—Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska, Domestic Violence: Making the Connection and Improving Care, and UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute, State-Wide NICU Feeding and Swallowing Follow-Up program.
• 2016—Food Bank for the Heartland, Feeding Children in the Summer, and UNMC, Simulation in Motion-Nebraska.
• 2015—Tabitha EngAGE and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer Education’s Primarily Math.
• 2014—Third City Community Clinic and University of Nebraska-Lincoln HearU Nebraska program.
• 2013—Nebraska Children and Families Foundation and University of Nebraska at Omaha Women and IT Engagement Link.
• 2012—Nebraska Alliance of Child Advocacy Centers and University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Mobile Nurse Managed Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Project.
WIN is a collective giving group operating in partnership with the University of Nebraska Foundation and the UNF Charitable Gift Fund to support women philanthropists through education, engagement and empowerment.
To become a WIN member, contact Sue Kutschkau at 402-502-4109 or 800-432-3216, or visit womeninvestinginnebraska.org.