The 46th annual Nebraska Builders Home & Garden Show, featuring more than 250 exhibitors and produced by the Home Builders Association of Lincoln (HBAL), started Friday and continues through Sunday at the Lancaster Event Center, 84th & Havelock Ave.
Remaining hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Pavilions 1 and 4 at the LEC will have ideas for landscaping, decorating, remodeling or building a new home. The show features the latest products for updating older homes, both for the do-it-yourselfer and for people who want to hire a professional. Many exhibitors are focusing on building and increased energy efficiencies. A list of exhibitors is available on HBAL's website at www.hbal.org.
• HBAL Stage – The stage in the east side of Pavilion 4 will feature presentations by Wildlife Encounters, Custom Blinds & Design, REALTORS Association of Lincoln, Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, VirtuActive 3D Drafting & Design and Lincoln Landscaping.
• Food Bank House - Remodelers Council of Lincoln built a frame house and will fill the walls with food to be donated to the Lincoln Food Bank. Each year more than 4,000 pounds of food is donated to those in need.
• High School Interior & Residential Design Contest – 46th annual event with entries from area high school students on display during the Show. Cash prizes are $100 for first place, $75 for second place and $50 for third place in both categories.
• "If I Could Build a House" Art Contest – Grade school students who participated will have their artwork on display. Individual winners received $50 from HBAL.
• Kid’s Square – Fun activities and shows for kids including a bounce house.