See additional events in Party Planner and Upcoming Performing Arts Events on this website.
• Nebraska Gold Star Families Memorial Monument dedication, 1 p.m., Antelope Park east of the Auld Center, 3140 Sumner St. This monument is a gift to Nebraska honoring families who, throughout the state’s 150-year history, have lost loved ones in the service of our country. Details: ne150.org/calendar/gold-star-family-memorial-monument-dedication/.
• Lincoln Public Schools Learning Lunch program, a “Seeds of Hope” video from Nebraska Loves Public Schools featuring LPS staff members and special guest Oscar Pohirieth, LPS cultural specialist and coordinator for the bilingual liaison program, 12:15 p.m., LPS District Office board room, 5905 O St. Bring your own lunch; LPS provides dessert. Details: 402-436-1609.
Sept. 30-Oct. 1
• Lincoln Arts Festival, Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., SouthPointe Pavilions, 27th and Pine Lake Road. Details: artscene.org or 402-434-2787.
• First Friday Art Walk, 5-10 p.m., at art galleries and businesses in downtown Lincoln. Details: downtownlincoln.org or 402-434-6900.
• Tennis champs John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, James Blake and Jim Courier will compete in the PowerShares series at Pinnacle Bank Arena, 7 p.m. Tickets: pinnaclebankarena.com.
• 16th annual Pumpkin Run, a 1-mile youth cross-country fun run. Starting times 8:30 a.m.-12:10 p.m., Pioneers Park, 3201 S. Coddington Ave. Details/registration: NebraskaSportsCouncil.com.
• The sculpture Standing Bear, Chief of the Ponca by artist Ben Victor will be dedicated at its new home on Centennial Mall between P and Q streets. Native music will begin at 12:30 p.m., followed by the sculpture dedication at 1 p.m. Details: email@example.com.
• Featured artists and treats at the Third Friday Patron Party, 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Noyes Art Gallery, 119 S. Ninth St. Details: noyesartgallery.com or 402-475-1061.
• Opening reception for “The Last Harrah: New Paintings and Drawings by Dan Howard,” 6-9 p.m., Kiechel Fine Art, 1208 O St. Details: kiechelart.com or 402-420-9553.
• Lincoln City Libraries’ annual Book Sale, Oct. 26-29, Lancaster Event Center. Pre-sale fundraiser Oct. 25, 4:30-8:30 p.m. More details/tickets: foundationforlcl.org.
Now through Oct. 28
• Great Plains Art Museum, 1155 Q St., continues the state’s 150th birthday celebration with a photographic exhibition of Nebraska small towns by David Lovekin and Rick Houchin. Free admission. Details: unl.edu/plains/great-plains-art-museum or 402-472-6220.
Last chance to go to farmers markets
• Haymarket Farmers Market, Seventh and P streets, 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays through Oct. 14.
• Old Cheney Road Garden Market, 55th and Old Cheney Road, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 29.