Lincoln Community Foundation President Barbara Bartle was named Woman of the Year Sept. 13 at the third annual Inspire – Celebrating Women’s Leadership Awards.
Bartle was one of 11 women honored for excelling in their professional lives and emerging as leaders and role models in the community.
The other women honored at the ceremony at the Cornhusker Marriott were:
• Kathryn LeBaron of Lincoln Industries: Excellence in Philanthropy.
• Karen Bell-Dancy, executive director of the YWCA of Lincoln, Excellence in Nonprofit.
• Barb Bettin, president and CEO of the YMCA of Lincoln: Excellence in Business (Large).
• Lanelle Herink, partner at HBE Becker Meyer Love LLP: Excellence in Business (Small to Medium).
• Mailani Veney, owner of DealAnyDay: Excellence in Entrepreneurship.
• Teresa Harms, executive director of Clinic With a Heart: Excellence in Health Care.
• Cynthia Harris, administrator of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Consumer Affairs: Excellence in Government Service.
• L. Shanna Letcher, advocate for African-American students at Lincoln Public Schools: Excellence in Education.
• Mary Costello, founder of Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach: Founders Award.
• Jaden Ferguson, junior, Lincoln Southwest High School: Future Business Leader & $5,000 scholarship.
The annual awards are sponsored by the Journal Star, Union Bank & Trust, Woods & Aitken LLP, University of Nebraska and NU Online, Liberty First Credit Union, Husker Auto Group, Dillard's and Stem Gallery.
Marianne Chance Worthington, founder of Work Warrior LLC and co-founder of Revo, was the keynote speaker at the event. Her talk focused on identifying and living by personal values to help people become their true selves.