Lincoln is ranked second behind only Austin, Texas, as best state capital city, according to a new report from the personal finance website WalletHub.
To identify the best capital cities, analysts compared the 50 capitals across 35 metrics.
Lincoln was ranked in these categories:
- Housing affordability, sixth
- Cost of living-adjusted median household income, eighth
- Unemployment rate, first
- Percent of state and local government employees, 20th
- Percent of residents below poverty level, 11th
- Percent of residents with at least a bachelor's degree, 21st
- Health conditions, fifth
- Mean hours worked per week, 18th
- Percent of millennial newcomers, 29th
- Number of attractions, 24th
Other capital cities in the top five were Bismarck, North Dakota, at No. 3, Madison, Wisconsin, at No. 4 and Raleigh, North Carolina at No. 5.