Fire

Firefighters battle a blaze in the roof of Lazlo's on Tuesday.

ERIC GREGORY, Journal Star

Lazlo’s Brewery and Grill in the Haymarket will reopen Friday afternoon following a fire Tuesday.

Co-owner Jay Jarvis said the restaurant will reopen at 3 p.m.

“We should be all set and ready for Huskers fans," he said. "It should be fine.”

The fire above the kitchen Tuesday morning forced the restaurant to temporarily close while repairs were made. Jarvis said the damage was confined to a small are and didn't include any smoke damage or structural damage to the restaurant's roof.

He said most of the needed repairs have been completed.

"We're just excited to get back open and to have a great Husker weekend."

The fire started inside a chimney attached to the restaurant's wood-fired stove, said Fire Chief Micheal Despain. Flames were contained to the chimney, but firefighters had to cut into the roof to ventilate the building and ensure the fire didn't extend elsewhere.

  

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
2

Tags

Load comments