The fourth Lincoln Public Schools Learning Lunch on Nov. 29 will feature a presentation on “Social Emotional Learning: What is it and what does it look like at LPS,” by school social worker Carrie Erks.
The lunchtime presentations are typically held on Tuesdays, but this month's will be Wednesday because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The presentation will be in the board room at the district offices, 5905 O St., and is open to the public.
Doors open at noon, the program begins at 12:15 p.m., questions and answers happen at 12:45 p.m. Bring your lunch; LPS will provide dessert.
The rest of the 2017-18 season:
* Dec. 19: “Restoring Calm: LPS Response to Crisis” with Brenda Leggiadro, LPS supervisor for Counselors and Social Workers; and Ursula Vernon-Hansen, LPS Crisis Response Team facilitator.
* Jan. 23: “Success with our Scholars” with Youth Development Team Coordinator Pete Ferguson.
* Feb. 27: “Kids vs. adults in LPS Spelling Bee.”
* March 27: “Developing Young Men and Women,” featuring Huntington Elementary School children and Principal Rik Devney.
* April 24: “A Great Year of Achievement” with Associate Superintendent of Instruction Jane Stavem, who will highlight special-education programs at three education centers for students with serious behavioral issues.
* May 15: “Making Music, UKE can do it!” with Lance Nielsen, music curriculum specialist, and ukuleles to play.