A Lincoln man burned when his hot oven fell on him is suing the owners of Fountain Glen Apartments for not installing the safety bracket that could've prevented the accident.

Todd Schwock said he was cooking a pizza in his apartment at 6217 N.W. Second Circle in the Highlands on Feb. 18 when he lost his balance and instinctively grabbed for the stove.

"Todd fell onto the kitchen floor, and as he was falling, the hot stove/oven fell on top of him causing severe burns on his arms and legs," his attorney, Chad Wythers, wrote.

He said the anti-tip bracket was still in plastic and taped to the back of the stove.

Wythers said Schwock underwent substantial medical treatment and is seeking $40,533 for his expenses so far and general damages for the permanent scarring and disfigurement, pain and suffering.




Lori Pilger is a public safety reporter.

Load comments