The Journal Star asked readers for recommendations of houses decorated for the holidays in and around Lincoln. The following is a rundown of their submissions:
* The Enchanted Forest, multicolored display with 13,584 lights programmed to Christmas music, 20 created trees and 30 stars, 5521 Pawnee St.
* Christmas decorated house, 1101 N. 97th St. (Waterford Estates).
* Christmas-themed decorated house, 4211 Loveland Drive.
* Multiple blow-ups, arch along driveway, trees, deer and many lights, 2349 N.W. 43rd St.
* Color changing lights, 4-foot singing face and 25-foot mega-tree, 1705 Culbera St. (Donations accepted for Shriners Hospital).
* Hand-painted Disney and cartoon characters, moving flag, nativity scene, trees, lights, Peanuts characters blow-ups, swimming pool, Santa in window, on room and in his workshop, 2430 Dorothy Drive (display extends into neighbors' yards).
* Multi-colored lights with snowmen, animals, lighted mega-tree all programmed to music (designed/decorated by 14-year-old boy), 2515 Marilynn Ave.
* 5,000 lights dance to music, 20-foot Santa and snowman, various blow-ups (former Meadowlane neighborhood winner), expands into neighbors' yards, kids hand out candy canes and treats to viewers, 1400 Meadow Dale Drive.
* Christmas lights: "Time has changed, yet Christmas has not: a classic and beautiful take on a modern Christmas display," 5127 Disbrow Court.
* 20,000 lights set to music, Santa greets you at the door, 4945 N. 72nd St.
* 36-foot-tall man comprised of Christmas lights (north part of yard), 426 N.W. 15th St.
* 4,000 LED lights synchronized to modern renditions of traditional Christmas music (96.5FM) and synchronized to lighted nativity scene, 6401 Pine Lake Road (Youth for Christ - Campus Life).
* Multicolored light display with 20-foot homemade tree of lights with giant snowflake on top, 7630 Stevens Ridge Road.
* 10,000 lights on for six hours from sundown, eight hours Christmas week, reindeer, candy canes and inflatables, 7543 S. 41st St.
* Beautiful light display, 7630 Stevens Ridge Road.
* 35 homemade lit displays, 8-foot Santa, Rudolph pulling Santa out of chimney, Santa and four reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh, 4-foot wreaths, candy canes, large snowman, Christmas socks, trumpets, bells and trees and three-star showers light, 2309 N. 76th St.
* Nice light display with own radio station, 6015 S. 88th St.
* Eight inflatables, thousands of lights outline house to look like gingerbread house, Santa led by huskies on roof, icicle lights, lights on large tree, lights synchronized to music, 7220 Colby St.
* 10-foot polar bear, elf house, 20-foot Christmas tree, dozens of blow-ups, 4517 N.W. 54th St.
* 36-foot man-made Christmas tree, entire house decorated in lights, 426 N.W. 15th St.
* Flashing lights with music, 5101 N. 17th St.
* Thousands of lights and displays, 112th and O streets.
* Luminarias will be lit on Christmas Eve, islands of Goodhue Boulevard from A Street to Capitol Building. Stunning view of Capitol.
* Lights, train, inflatables, Charlie Brown and large blue tree, Shenandoah Drive.
* Thousands of lights synchronized to six songs (tune radio to 106.7FM), 20-foot mega-tree, multiple reindeer leaping off ground, strobes and LED arches that produce millions of different colors (only house with RGB LEDs in Lincoln), 5-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 5 p.m.-midnight Saturday-Sunday, 4840 N. 20th St.
* Figurines, lighted lane and awesome light display, on spur entering Cook.
* Over 25 lighted displays and Christmas lights, Village of Beaver Crossing.
* Best overall winner of the Seward Rotary Home Holiday Outdoor Lighting Contest, 1511 Ridge Run
* Other Seward Rotary award winners:
105 Wildwood Road
1540 North 1st St.
1493 Augusta Dr.
212 Hickory St.
111 Seward St.
422 Hillcrest Ave.
1640 Edgewood Lane
811 Hillcrest Drive
1442 North Columbia Ave.
154 Struthers Place
1580 N. First St.
1610 N. Second St
2065 N. Columbia Ave.
150 Wildwood Road
1269 Ridge Run
1747 Edgewood Lane
2221 Hawthorne Ave.
1717 Eastridge Ave.
1830 N. First St.
352 E. Bek Ave.
938 Cherry Lane
906 N. Third St.
1406 N. Second St.
232 N. Fifth St.
926 Cherry Lane
105 Struther’s Place
139 Cedar Ave.
211 Struther’s Place
1039 North Fifth St.
238 S. Second St.
429 E. Pinewood Ave.
1650 Meadow Lane
142 Seward St.
1077 Ridge Run
1466 Karol Kay Blvd.
1752 Karol Kay
445 N. Second St.
1067 280th St. (Nebraska 15, south of Seward)
2612 East Seward Road
1700 Edgewood Lane
2105 N. First St.
1101 N. Fifth St.
15 Seward St.
1812 N. First St.
2040 Parkview Drive
1955 Rainbow Ave.
1680 Edgewood Lane
212 Goldenrod Lane