These are the 10 men on Nebraska's death row, the dates of their arrival on death row, counties in which their crimes occurred and brief descriptions of the crimes.
* Nikko Jenkins, 31, arrived on death row May 30, Douglas County. He went on a killing spree in Omaha in 2013, beginning just 11 days after his release from prison, where he had been for 10 years for two carjackings. Jenkins shot and killed Juan Uribe-Pena and Jorge Cajiga-Ruizo, then Curtis Bradford, then Andrea Kruger, all within 10 days.
* Carey Dean Moore, 60, June 20, 1980, Douglas County. Moore killed two Omaha cab drivers — Reuel Van Ness Jr. and Maynard Helgeland — five days apart. Van Ness was shot during a robbery, with Moore’s younger brother along, and Helgeland was shot three times, Moore has said, just to prove he could take a man's life all by himself.
* John L. Lotter, 46, Feb. 21, 1996, Richardson County. Lotter and Marvin Nissen were convicted of killing Teena Brandon, 21, of Lincoln, a transgender male. They killed Brandon in 1993 to silence him after he told police they had raped him. They also killed Lisa Lambert, 24, and Phillip DeVine, 22, who lived in the same house as Brandon and witnessed the killing. Lotter has maintained his innocence.
* Raymond Mata, 44, June 1, 2000, Scotts Bluff. Mata was convicted of killing and dismembering 3-year-old Adam Gomez, his former girlfriend’s son, in 1999. Prosecutors said Mata fed parts of the boy's body to a dog, and kept some of his remains in the home to intimidate the boy’s mother.
* Arthur L. Gales, 52, Nov. 6, 2001, Douglas County. Gales was convicted of attempted murder in the severe beating of Judy Chandler, and of raping and murdering her 13-year-old daughter, Latara Chandler, by strangling her, and killing her 7-year-old son, Tramar, by drowning and strangling him. He killed them because he knew they could identify him as being with their mother that day.
* Jorge Galindo, 36, Nov. 10, 2004; Jose Sandoval, 38, Jan. 31, 2005; Eric F. Vela, 37, Jan. 12, 2007; all Madison County. All three were convicted of shooting and killing Lisa Bryant, 29, Lola Elwood, 43, Samuel Sun, 50, all Norfolk; Jo Mausbach, 42, Humphrey; and Evonne Tuttle, 37, of Stanton, in a botched bank robbery.
* Jeffrey Hessler, 39, May 18, 2005, Scotts Bluff County. In 2003, Hessler kidnapped, raped and murdered 15-year-old newspaper carrier Heather Guerrero.
* Roy L. Ellis, 63, Feb. 6, 2009, Douglas County. Ellis abducted, sexually assaulted and killed 12-year-old Amber Harris, who died of at least two blows to the head. Ellis has said he used a hammer, and he may also have strangled her.
* Marco E. Torres, 42, Jan. 29, 2010, Hall County. In 2007, he tortured and killed Edward Hall, 60, binding him with an electrical cord, gagging him with a bathrobe belt and shooting him three times. He then shot and killed Timothy Donohue, 48, who lived in a room upstairs in Hall's home. The men were killed to conceal a robbery.